Talk about absolutely anything here!
By Andrew_Epicness
Hey, so there seems to be some room for improvement on Minerealm. My friends and I have been having fun for the past few years, but things are getting old. We wanted to go in the random teleporter and start again, but everywhere we landed, there was claimed land or land that was heavily built on. I think resetting the map will drastically increase the number of players on the server, as there will be much more room for new players, and old ones will have a greater desire to return to the server and build and expand. I sincerely hope you hear me out. I know some people might not want to lose their land and belongings, but with so little activity, the positives outweigh the negatives. I think it will greatly benefit the entire Minerealm community to reset the map and completely start over.
By Grelman
A cursory glance at the previous threads posted about this topic should give you insight into the very depressing fact that a new map and server is planned, however there remains no concrete details about when it may be released, or if it is even going to happen at all. You might have done a little bit of searching around before adding this thread to the pile of v5 inquiries that have gone unanswered.
By Andrew_Epicness
Thank you for sharing that information with me! Next time I make a post I will check previous forum posts to be sure the problem hasn't been announced before.
By freakface99
I don't know what v5 is, or why people are debating it. Nevertheless i'm just trying to get back into minecraft and hopefully some of my friends as well. My opinion is that Minerealm needs a map wipe ASAP. Would bring me back and i'm sure many other people.
By dlgn
I mean, a map wipe would probably drive me away forever. The only reason I come back is because of MR's history. The issue isn't a used-up map, it's people not playing Minecraft anymore.

That said, IIRC the plan was to leave the old map up for legacy purposes and make a new one as well.
By freakface99
I strongly disagree, Its not that there is nothing to do in Minecraft, its that there is nothing to do in minerealm. Every square inch is built on or destroyed.
By Bu1ld0g
The problem is you're talking about wiping hundreds of hours worth of player creations. A lot of us don't want to let go of our virtual homes. There are builds here dating back 5 years!

I know I haven't played myself in quite possibly 2 years now, but I'm still attached to my work. It has that personal, custom value to it and I'm sure many others feel the same way!

What MR really needs is a map extension or for the wild to be brought back (map extension with pvp enabled).
Unless intelli actually replies to this thread though, nothing is known on future plans for Minerealm.
For now it's mostly Museumrealm.
By Meowrocket
Personally i still play Minecraft daily, just not Minerealm. At this point my only hope for it is if there was the V5, and/or a resurgence in the player base. As-is i get more human interaction on my 4-player Realms server than on Minerealm, because every visit i am the only one online. I miss the old days and i know we'll probably never get them back. Right now going on is the equivalent of opening a five year old single player world, except it feels empty. The players are the spirit of their structures; without them it's a dead empty shell. I would prefer a new map, but an optional download of the old one- for nostalgia. A fresh world where the buildings have spirit still in them. Where new players feel welcome. But i don't know if that will happen before i give up for good, or if it will happen at all. I've played since the old country system; I've been a bystander in many big things. I regret not taking part- at the time i never thought the excitement would end. Sadly, now i see it did.
By ATC
Let's play for a moment devil's advocate: Why should a new map attract more people? There are tons of other games on the market and it sounds a bit nostalgic to believe that there will be another time with 100+ active players with a game play that came up 5 years ago and which became "just building things in vanilla". Everything else (hunting, breeding, trading...) you did several times and why should you repeat it again and again? This type of game play is attractive to very few players (there are about 20 active players left) and most probably the reason why there is no "the wild 2.0" even if that would be super easy to implement. I fully understand the why. Ask yourself, what do you expect from a new map? That people will start all over? Such good old days are long gone...

By the way, admin appreciation day: Thanks for running this server. It's still fun. It's fun because there are still three recurring players who are a lot of fun to play with. Thanks.
By freakface99
I understand that many veteran players become attached to what they have done. I myself have been on minerealm since almost the very beginning. However we have to think about the game Minecraft. The whole point is to build, not to admire. Right now in MR almost every square inch has been built on and everything possible to be built, has been. Minecraft itself can never become stale, but its worlds can. MR is just stale. Nothing changes.

My belief is that a map wipe would bring back, and attract new players more than it would drive some existing players away. I myself have just got back into minecraft, and although I love Minerealm, there is simply nowhere for me to go and nothing to do.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]