Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.
By General Grievous
Hi,

AkiTheCrafter used a nether portal, timed out and when he logged back in, he found himself in lava and an error message occurred ("You tried to teleport yourself outside of the map" or similar). Is there a chance that he does not burn (he still got 3 hearts before he logged out)?

Best,
A.
By eah
Hostile mobs don't despawn.

A hostile mob has a 1/800 chance of despawning every tick after 30 seconds have passed since there was a player within 32 blocks, euclidean distance. I tested this in single player in version 1.9.2. It works as it always has.

On the server, it doesn't. This leads to a buildup of mobs in caves and crevices so that new mobs can't spawn.

My guess is this is because of some "optimization" the server has which doesn't tick mobs outside a certain distance from the player.
By Intelli
eah wrote:Hostile mobs don't despawn.

A hostile mob has a 1/800 chance of despawning every tick after 30 seconds have passed since there was a player within 32 blocks, euclidean distance. I tested this in single player in version 1.9.2. It works as it always has.

On the server, it doesn't. This leads to a buildup of mobs in caves and crevices so that new mobs can't spawn.

My guess is this is because of some "optimization" the server has which doesn't tick mobs outside a certain distance from the player.
Is this issue still occurring? Just updated the server.
By eah
Intelli wrote:
eah wrote:Hostile mobs don't despawn.

Is this issue still occurring? Just updated the server.
This seems to be fixed, but there's still something not right. Based on my experience in the nether, spawn rates are nearly zero.
By eah
Hoppers are misbehaving. I'm not sure what it is, but it's reminiscent of the whole hopper check fiasco. I gave them a good spanking, but they're still doing it.
By Nephalem
eah wrote:Hoppers are misbehaving. I'm not sure what it is, but it's reminiscent of the whole hopper check fiasco. I gave them a good spanking, but they're still doing it.
I can confirm this, especially also mechanics from one chunk to another.
E.G. Comparator reading the content of a dropper that is on another chunk, would on occasion freeze.
I can advice to lock-down all auto shops until this is fixed.
By eah
eah wrote:Hoppers are misbehaving. I'm not sure what it is, but it's reminiscent of the whole hopper check fiasco. I gave them a good spanking, but they're still doing it.
This appears to be fixed.
By eah
Flaming arrows hurt anything regardless of what plot it's in.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]