Advertise your guilds, towns and any other groups you may have!
By Slathalin
So I was wandering around like i usually do, when i stumbled across this barn. naturally, i was curious, so i went inside for a better look. i see a set of doors, and a button next to them. wanting to go inside, i press the button. the ground then goes out from underneath me, i fall 50 or so blocks to my death, on a floor of hoppers. i don't remember where i was, except that the owner of the guild belonged to "obama care"

thanks!
By dlgn
bendrake57 wrote:So I was wandering around like i usually do, when i stumbled across this barn. naturally, i was curious, so i went inside for a better look. i see a set of doors, and a button next to them. wanting to go inside, i press the button. the ground then goes out from underneath me, i fall 50 or so blocks to my death, on a floor of hoppers. i don't remember where i was, except that the owner of the guild belonged to "obama care"

thanks!
ObamaCare is the new name of NinjaKiwi, owned by Final_Starman. Your old guild, I might add, so you most likely know the owner.
By Tee
Official rules wrote:No luring.

"Traps" are allowed to be made. They cannot be built near spawn or off a main path unless marked.
Unmarked death traps are permitted so long as they satisfy the above conditions. Luring in this case would be a plot MOTD or sign that invites you to press the button.
By dlgn
Tee wrote:
Official rules wrote:No luring.

"Traps" are allowed to be made. They cannot be built near spawn or off a main path unless marked.
Unmarked death traps are permitted so long as they satisfy the above conditions. Luring in this case would be a plot MOTD or sign that invites you to press the button.
I've seen mods say in many instances previously that unmarked death traps are not allowed in any circumstances except when they're in an area that one is specifically told to stay out of. For example,
shaddowdemon wrote:
boobox wrote:I would like to request the reason I am banned. I just became unbanned, I played maybe one day and am banned again.

I'm 100% sure nothing I did was bannable. I did use the teleporter to find a random area in the world to farm dirt, but it wasn't in anyones area and I haven't disturbed anything. I did repair a public Zombie farmer that someone had griefed. I'm not sure if I got a ban for that being as I was the one repairing it.
Generally, you should not fix things that have been griefed - you should talk to a staff member instead and we can roll it back.

I banned you for... we'll say griefing. You destroyed the floor in front of a nether portal and placed lava there in order to kill people...

Griefing is not allowed, nor are unmarked death traps.
Obviously, you're the staff, not me, and yours is the final word. But there have been several instances where staff have decided contrary to what you're saying now.

~dlgn
By Tee
The post below (and the associated thread) gives the history and background behind the current official rule wording regarding traps:
Rokkrwolf wrote:I've spoke with Intelli about this quite a few times in the past. I will state it again here and also mark it in the official rules so people can find it easier.

"Traps" are allowed in the nether as long as they aren't within 50 blocks of the spawn portal. The same goes for the End except the spawn point instead of the portal. As for the Wilderness it's free game.

In this case Ori is correct, the traps is off 1 of the 4 main paths out of the realm which isn't allowed unless marked. So aksys will be banned, I will note he hasn't been on since the 25th, so it's not like he could fix it atm, I have went back and blocked off that traps so no one else dies by them.
In this particular case, OrigamiElephant was dropped inside a walled plot by the teleporter. There were four 1w x 2h tunnel exits from the plot, one in each wall. One of those was trapped via a hidden pressure plate (stone pressure plate on smoothstone) and resulted in Origami's death.

The ruling in that case was that the trap was illegal because it was laid without marking on one of the main paths into and out of the plot. As such someone travelling through the landscape and minding their own business could quite easily fall prey to it.

I haven't seen the trap that bendrake died in as he hasn't provided coordinates, but I note that it was set at the entrance to a building and required him to press a button. That feels less like "main path" to me and more like stickybeaking someone else's build. Not that there's anything wrong with stickybeaking (I do it myself quite often) but as soon as you stop travelling and start interacting with builds, I would say you're no longer on a main path and setting of traps is allowed.

Rokkr will correct me if I'm wrong though :)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]