Advertise your guilds, towns and any other groups you may have!
Your application was listed. It did arrive before Radio's (by a period of two minutes) but applications for non-spawn plots are not decided on a time basis only, and plenty of applications are rejected or delayed for various reasons. Radio's would have been rejected had it not been specifically for preserving the plot without modifying it or touching the chests.
Tee wrote:Your application was listed. It did arrive before Radio's (by a period of two minutes) but applications for non-spawn plots are not decided on a time basis only, and plenty of applications are rejected or delayed for various reasons. Radio's would have been rejected had it not been specifically for preserving the plot without modifying it or touching the chests.
I was in his guild... I knew him in game. I admired all those plots and wished to perserve them. I even stated I knew he would likely start playing again and that the disbanding was probably accidental... Not sure why that was ignored as I was absolutely correct. He had given me tours of the plots, I owned plots near them. I visited those plots every now and then to check up on his progress. Radio had been there once... I brought him there. He made the application minutes after I showed him and he had snooped around. He literally did not even know they existed until then... He literally just told me he could legally loot them if he wanted to in a private chat... Clearly he understands... But I don't understand how he could be prioritized...
That's really not for you to question. But the answer is that you did mention in your application that you would ask to take items from his chests in a few months if he didn't return, while Radio stated that he would leave them be and preserve the plot in the state in which it was left. That's the key difference right there.

The thing is, we are never really happy about people buying plots just to benefit from the contents of their chests unless there was a known close relationship between the players beforehand - and I'm not talking just a 'same guild and toured his plots' relationship. So when an old vet's home plots disband, we'll either refuse all applications for a few months until it is clear that they are not returning, or we will approve one that is for preservation only. That's why Radio's was approved.

I would expect on that basis that Radio would have left the plot untouched and happily sell it back to Diamond_boss for 10k + tax. If there was an issue there and Radio wasn't willing to sell the plot back, then that's where Diamond_boss should ask staff to chat with Radio because approval was only given for preservation - and now that the original owner has returned, there's no reason to keep 'preserving' it rather than selling it back to him.
monkeychunks wrote:He literally just told me he could legally loot them if he wanted to in a private chat...
Nope. That wasn't the basis of his application and approval, as I've made clear above. He would need to contact staff if he wanted to change anything, and approval likely wouldn't be given.
I put in my application that I would ask if I ever decided to remove anything which I honestly see nothing wrong with, my purpose still being to preserve them. I honestly wanted to keep them safe for diamond, and if I really wanted to loot them I wouldn't have said that I wanted to wait before buying them because I believed he would come back. You are right it is staffs call, but I feel it was very misguided.
monkeychunks wrote:You are right it is staffs call, but I feel it was very misguided.
One could say the same about "preserving" plots as any player built structure is covered by the anti-grief policy and rolled back. So in reality there is no reason to buy disbanded plots at all other than if you wanted the area to build yourself.
monkeychunks wrote:I had multiple realms in particular which I have been preserving for almost a year now and have not touched anything on them...
Pre-wipe I was tripping over plots with the MOTD "contact 08 for your items"
Funny how it was never "contact 08 for your build" isn't it?
monkeychunks wrote:You are right it is staffs call, but I feel it was very misguided.
Past actions have a way of influencing future decisions. Note that it wasn't just my call ... the decision was approved by Rokkr.

I'll leave this here for you to ponder.

Bu1ld0g wrote:Pre-wipe I was tripping over plots with the MOTD "contact 08 for your items"
Funny how it was never "contact 08 for your build" isn't it?
I do not recall which realm that was but again unless you know the full story behind it you should not make judgment based on that. It was likely I owned it and wanted to let the owner know he could have his stuff/realm back if he wanted.
Tee wrote:
monkeychunks wrote:Image
If you could show me where that realm is that would be great because as far as I know I was joking. I don't even recall when that picture was taken.
Bu1ld0g wrote:Said mini U2QU...
I have held plots with valuables on them and not touched any of the stuff. If you can specifically give me an example go ahead but I am guessing you are throwing around useless accusations. You tore down Kingofturves build where is his stuff now? Did you save it for him? Look in the mirror because you are just as guilty. I'll have staff check the valuables on bigsopes realms that disbanded a year ago and unlike your absurd comments everything will still be there except for whatever radio touched.
Bu1ld0g wrote:Said mini U2QU...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]