Advertise your guilds, towns and any other groups you may have!
By Prodigy9
I'm looking for feedback about a redstone-heavy build I'm planning. I'd appreciate any comments from staff members about whether the following build would be acceptable in MR, and any comments from experienced redstone engineers about whether would be a simpler or less lag-inducing way to accomplish the goal.

The build uses multiple redstone "torch cascades" to power sticky-piston-based trapdoors. The objective is that from a /sethome position near the top of a very tall tower, I would be able to close any individual trapdoor in order to fall through a series of open trapdoors and land at a specific floor (out of approximately 25 floors) within the tower.

Here's a screenshot of the current design for this system:
Planned Build.JPG
Planned Build.JPG (155.71 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
On the left side of the picture, a signal received from one redstone torch cascade activates (or inactivates) a group of six pistons in order to close (or open) the trapdoor for that floor of the tower. The part I'm more concerned about is on the right side of the picture: each trapdoor requires a separate "torch cascade" to convey the signal from a switch at the top of the tower. Although only one switch (and thus one cascade) is flipped at a time, the structure of the torch cascade means that half of the redstone torches and half of the pieces of redstone dust will be activated at any given time. With approximately 25 such cascades, ranging in vertical length from 5 blocks to approximately 125 blocks, would this cause a substantial amount of lag? Is there some other method of conveying a signal downwards for a long distance that would be preferable for this task?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]