Advertise your guilds, towns and any other groups you may have!
Due to aliens abducting the pickaxe villager, it might take a while for the trade to restock.

Recycling:
Give your nearly broken (enchanted or not) diamond pickaxe to me and I'll give you 90 credits or a diamond of your choice.
(Does not matter how broken the pickaxe is)
(Chammification might also do this, but with diamond axes)

Removed:
1 x Emerald > 7 x Wood Logs ( Chammification )

Changed:
4 Bookshelfs instead of 3 per diamond ( eah2119 )

Current trades:
1 x D-Block > 2 x D-Pick Eff3 Unb3 (Hot)
1 x Diamond > 1 x E-Block
1 x D-Block > 2 x D-Axe Eff3 Unb3 (New)
1 x D-Block > Full set of chainmail armor, 4 parts
1 x D-Block > 1 x Silk Touch Book
1 x Diamond > 8 x Iron Block ( Infamouspally )
1 x Diamond > 6 x Glowstone
1 x D-Block > 1 x Unb3 book ( Chammification )
1 x Slimeball > 4 x Coal ( eah2119 )
1 x Diamond > 4 x Bookshelf ( eah2119 ) (Changed)
1 x D-block > 5 x Saddles ( eah2119 ) (New)
1 x Emerald > 3 x Steak ( eah2119 ) (New)
1 x Emerald > 3 x Cooked porkchops ( eah2119 ) (New)

Other Arcane news:
- The Circle is nearly complete.
- Looking for permission to build circle of Legit and Dils.
- Looking for all the swords from Cob to start his trade.
Updated trade list.
30 Eff3 Unb3 have been restocked.

Removed:
1 x Emerald > 3 x Steak ( eah2119 )
1 x Emerald > 3 x Cooked porkchops ( eah2119 )

Current trades:

Right side:
1 x D-Block > 2 x D-Pick Eff3 Unb3 (Hot)
1 x Diamond > 1 x E-Block
1 x D-Block > 2 x D-Axe Eff3 Unb3
1 x D-Block > 1 x Silk Touch Book
1 x D-Block > Full set of chainmail armor, 4 parts
1 x Diamond > 8 x Iron Block ( Infamouspally )
1 x Diamond > 6 x Glowstone
1 x D-Block > 1 x Unb3 book ( Chammification )
1 x Slimeball > 4 x Coal ( eah2119 )
1 x Diamond > 4 x Bookshelf ( eah2119 )
1 x D-block > 5 x Saddles ( eah2119 )

Left side:
Open.
Open.
Open.
1 x D-Block > 4 x Regular unused D-Picks ( DerDarz ) (New)
Open.
1 x D-Block > 1 x D-Pick Silk Eff3 Unb3 ( Infamouspally ) (New)
Open.
1 x Diamond > 5 x G-Block ( austinhenkel ) (New)
Open.
Open.
Open.

Take a look at the happy DerDarz:
#NoScamSmile
I think it's time for an update!

As some of you may know, the arcane shop has been out of order for some 6 months now, but many of you don't know why. Once this was implemented, we began deconstructing the arcane shop in anticipation of building a new and improved version. We finished tearing it down after discovering that was unimplemented. So, we were stuck with an empty shell. We had two choices: either rebuild it or gamble on spending time on designing a better shop. We chose the latter.

However, our Extremely Qualified Redstone Engineers never succeeded in creating a better shop which would work on the current minerealm. We have, however, had a design which would work with that suggestion for some 8 to 10 months. Currently, we are waiting for a suggestion to be implemented and a particular bug fix arriving with 1.8.

The new design's features include:
  • Returns unaccepted items to the player
  • Can process more than one item at once
  • Can process a combination of items, accepted or not.
  • Wide range of ratios (A:B where A is [1,320] and B is [1,320])
  • Will not clog
  • Avoids malfunction from chunk unloading
Screenshots
Spoiler:

You may notice there's a lot of redstone below ground. That's because we want each stall to be thin and each stall can only have a depth of 16 to fit within a chunk, forcing the logic to go downward.
Regarding the wall, we have a blueprint finished in creative. Now it's time to build the real thing. Here's what it looks like so far.

Our Extremely Qualified Redstone Engineers also finished a beautiful smelting forge with automatic and manual furnaces to help provide stone for the great wall.

More screenies
Spoiler:
Outside

Inside

Redkiller's silo stuffed with rocks

eah2119 wrote:
  • Returns unaccepted items to the player
  • Can process more than one item at once
  • Can process a combination of items, accepted or not.
  • Wide range of ratios (A:B where A is [1,320] and B is [1,320])
  • Will not clog
  • Avoids malfunction from chunk unloading
I added a single stall of this design which gives a diamond pickaxe for every 2 diamonds. It's 130 blocks straight north of spawn on the right side. Starting building on the arcane shop will take a little longer to be sure the hopper-alt-ticking change doesn't get reverted.

In addition to the features listed above, it does everything the original shop did such as return input items when it runs out of output items. For example, if you give it a stack of diamonds, it might process 32, giving you 16 picks, and return the other 32, depending on how many picks are left.

There are two issues with it:
1. Redstone torches can update their state prematurely and randomly. This is a bug and, AFAIK, is fixed in 1.8. This can sometimes cause more or less items to be dispensed. From what I've experienced, it happens once every 300 trades or so. It seems to be equally likely that you'll receive more or less. If you're dissatisfied, I can check the shop for inconsistencies.

2. The dispensing component can get an item stuck in it. This is a much rarer occurrence. If you think it happened, throw in an item other than a diamond and it should dislodge it.
The Arcane shop has reopened and with a new location.
toShop.png
toShop.png (845.68 KiB) Viewed 8895 times
2014-08-10_20.15.23.png
2014-08-10_20.15.23.png (453.26 KiB) Viewed 8895 times
2014-08-10_20.16.12.png
2014-08-10_20.16.12.png (519.26 KiB) Viewed 8895 times
Current trades:

Right side:
5 x Cobblestone > 2 x Dirt
2 x Diamonds > 1 x regular unused Diamond Pickaxe

Left side:
2 x Dirt > 5 x Cobblestone
1 x Diamond > 8 x Glowstone (blocks)
3 x Diamond > 2 x E-Block

To trade, step onto the pressure plate at the back of the stall to close the door. Look toward the door and throw items onto the stone slabs in front of you. Hoppers below the slabs pull the items in and items get processed. It can correctly process as many items as it can fit. That is, each hopper below the slabs can fit only 5 stacks. If a hopper is full, then the items do not get pulled in.

The shop houses 16 stalls. Each stall has an input item, an output item, and a ratio A:B. The input item must be stackable, the output item need not be stackable, and the ratio A:B can be any ratio where each of A and B are integers between 1 and 320 inclusive. Hence, each stall gives B output items upon receipt of A input items. It allows for ratios such as 1:1, 1:3, 3:1, 2:5, and 5:2.

The system returns unaccepted items. An item is unaccepted if it is either not the input item or it is an input item, but is not accepted. An input item is not accepted if either the output stock is empty or you have given it too many items. The latter case stops things from clogging since the hoppers below the slabs move items faster than the system can process them. If the system is holding onto about 15 stacks of input items, then it will return any further input items received.

The timing varies, but a good estimate is that it processes items at about max( A * 0.8 , B * 0.8 ) seconds per trade

Skipping all the technical jargon, besides for a few glitches, the design is safe in every possible way. If it runs empty between processing items, it gives you a fair share of output items and returns the rest of your input items.
Current trades:

Right side:
5 Cobblestone > 2 Dirt ( eah2119 )
2 Diamonds > 1 regular unused Diamond Pickaxe ( eah2119 )
10 Coal Block > 1 Diamond ( redkiller123 ) SO HOT
13 Quartz > 3 Diamond ( eah2119 )

Left side:
2 Dirt > 5 Cobblestone ( eah2119 )
1 Diamond > 8 Glowstone (blocks) ( eah2119 )
3 Diamond > 2 Emerald Block ( eah2119 )
1 Diamond Block > 1 Looting III Book ( Chammiefication ) SOLD OUT
5 Diamond > 1 Efficiency III Book ( FinalFouad )

Also added a doorbell. First to tell me what the melody is from gets 10k credits.
eah2119 wrote:
FinalFouad wrote:
eah2119 wrote:Current trades:

Also added a doorbell. First to tell me what the melody is from gets 10k credits.
Super Metroid: Samus's Save Tune

Not it.
D39 E41 C37 G32 A34 (Played on this http://virtualpiano.net/). Although the Samus Save Tune plays D39 (instead of C37) twice it sounds like.
I for sure thought I recognized that tune from somewhere. Was playing Magmoor Caverns earlier today and recalled that tune.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]