Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.
By ATC
Question to all: Why is important to you in person to have V5?

The background of my question is simple, I don't understand why people hope for/request/think about V5. Except some people, I am not missing a lot. I like to play here because of some people and the challenge to build something in survival. Something new could be interesting, but probably only for some days. A new map would be wasted soon (unless some kind of protection would be introduced).

So, please let us know.

Greetings,
Aki
By Dentez
Like Red stated, its a fresh start for everyone. I personally want v5 because everything at this point is so easy to obtain. Another reason would be to see the new builds everyone will come up with. I have my own build I planned for v4 that I opted to wait for the release of v5 to start. I also want to be the richest player on v5 so Ill be mining a lot of diamonds, but everyone already knew this so... yeah.
By ATC
Thanks for your thoughts.

Dentez: fresh start - Yes, but why?
so easy to obtain - People will re-build their massive farms and after some weeks it will be the same.
new builds - Please explain why people build in V5 and not V4?
richest player - For how long? A week, a month?

Btw, the poll is, ehm, about, ehm, if you like doing polls.
By TechnoProdigy
Because all the good land is taken by people who log on every 30 days and do nothing else, so the server is boring as watching paint dry.

Change always brings in more people, and our player-base is basically zero right now.
By eah
I don't really care what happens. Any changes wouldn't make me play more or less. Maybe that's because I've already grown my roots into the ground.

It's a little sad to have a clean slate. It destroys so much. There are bits of land on the server that have existed for 5 years or more. There may not be a single vanilla minecraft server in existence with a map that old. So, it seems SMP minecraft is fatally flawed. People don't like to play in a used and abused sandbox.

All you need to do is spend a few hours wandering around the map. Even the the most recently generated land has been heavily worked on. Everywhere you see people have take down, built, and rebuilt mountains and enormous buildings. Think of the time people have spent here collectively. You could write a series of books about it.

The worst thing about a wipe is that you've doomed yourself to follow the same road. But again, this is just a flaw of SMP minecraft. The reality is, if you want fresh faces to stick around, you need to wipe it.
By Bu1ld0g
Bringing back the wild would be a good start. V4 is restricted and trapped in a 3 year old map without the new blocks. Sure you can craft some from quartz, but that is a crazy waste of a finite resource in itself compared to the blocks you would be crafting that are in abundance in current world gen.

Bring back the wild to v4
By ATC
I fully agree with eah. v4 is unique because it's age; on the other side some player want to have new grounds.

Just as idea: Having v4 with portals to whatever (and whenever) new map?
By Bu1ld0g
I was under the impression v4 is to stay up. But with the lack of communication, god knows whats happening. Pretty sure everyone got tired of waiting and moved on anyway.
By legokrin
If it brings back old Vortex members, then yeah. 'nuff said.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]