Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.
By Grelman
As I'm sure you all know, 1.9 has been officially released today after 544 days of development. Whether or not you have been excited about this update it has taken a long time to come about and for even longer we've been waiting to hear about Intelli's official plans for the server going forward. I don't need to reiterate the story about how the server has seen drastically reduced numbers of people over the past year and a half because its old hat by now. However it is important for us, right now, to address the most pertinent questions regarding this community and what's left of it. The biggest question I, and indeed anyone who still visits this forum has is, Is v5 ever coming?

I don't want to sound like I'm entitled because I'm not. Me and thousands of others have played on this fantastic server for years without having to pay a dime. And Intelli owes us nothing, but at this point I think its fair to at least be able to know whether v5 will ever become a reality. I was going to hold off on making this thread or something like it until after Spigot/Bukkit had been updated to 1.9, but apparently it already has been (https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/minecr ... se.127186/).

For the past 2 years people have been discussing whether Minerealm could become relevant again if it started on a brand new map, and there's been no better time to do it then now. During those 2 years Intelli has made comments ingame regarding his plans for v5 and getting all who could listen into a frenzy about the possibilities of a new beginning. Most recently in October where he detailed a great many plans for v5 and it seemed like it was just around the corner. Since then I've kept up to date on the development of 1.9 and have been building or walking around in a mostly empty server and all the while trying to stay realistic with my expectations of not only whether v5 would be released at all, but if it was released how well it would be populated weeks or months into its lifetime. However with the release of 1.9 today coupled with the release of a compatible API for it. Just now have I realized that Intelli has never given us a forum post regarding the future of the server and/or v5.

I think I speak for everyone who still visits this forum when I say I'd really like to know what plans for the future, if any, are going to be implemented? I dont want to keep my hopes up all this time for something thats never going to come, and if it isnt, then I know its time to move on, at least mentally. If its confirmed that v5 is not going to be become a reality then we know we have to do our best with what we have on the current v4 server. If v5 is planned and can realistically be released within the next 2-3 months then I say hurray, fair enough. If it's planned, but not realistically coming within the next 6 months to a year from now, oh well, at least we know. Whatever the truth about the future is I'd really rather know it then continue hoping for something thats not going to happen.

With that said I would be happy to hear anyone else's comments/concerns about everything around us right now. 1.9, v5, v4, Spigot 1.9. Would you play a v5 server with a new beginning? Do you prefer we stick v4 on 1.8, 1.9? Any discussion is welcome, and if there's any information we can have regarding the future, please tell us.

Thanks for reading my long post,

Grelman
Well I can see now that the novelty of 1.9 has wore off already and theres not as much buzz on the server right now. So this again becomes a relevant issue. The silence in this thread regarding v5 isn't encouraging, but lets say this. If there's no post made on this thread in the next 7 days of this post regarding whether or not v5 will happen then I think the community as a whole take that to mean that v5 is no longer being planned/will not come fruition.

With that said I'm glad we got 1.9 so promptly and I've enjoyed quite a bit of playing time on MR lately, and not alone thankfully, but I think we really deserve to know so we can make our own plans for the future whether they be here in v4, or over there in v5.
Grelman wrote:Well I can see now that the novelty of 1.9 has wore off already and theres not as much buzz on the server right now. So this again becomes a relevant issue. The silence in this thread regarding v5 isn't encouraging, but lets say this. If there's no post made on this thread in the next 7 days of this post regarding whether or not v5 will happen then I think the community as a whole take that to mean that v5 is no longer being planned/will not come fruition.

With that said I'm glad we got 1.9 so promptly and I've enjoyed quite a bit of playing time on MR lately, and not alone thankfully, but I think we really deserve to know so we can make our own plans for the future whether they be here in v4, or over there in v5.
Surprise!
Rumour has it that v5 is coming out next week.
(Knocks on wood.)
Markman2001 wrote:
Grelman wrote:Well I can see now that the novelty of 1.9 has wore off already and theres not as much buzz on the server right now. So this again becomes a relevant issue. The silence in this thread regarding v5 isn't encouraging, but lets say this. If there's no post made on this thread in the next 7 days of this post regarding whether or not v5 will happen then I think the community as a whole take that to mean that v5 is no longer being planned/will not come fruition.

Surprise!
(Knocks on wood.)
<Knocks out Clone>

No lyin'.
I and many others would love to see a full map wipe. All of the veterens on this server have played on this same map that has been used and abused for how long? I think it's time for a full wipe. Who's with me?
Bonejunky wrote:
Markman2001 wrote:

Surprise!
(Knocks on wood.)
<Knocks out Clone>

No lyin'.
No jokes here.
Exabyte I wrote:I and many others would love to see a full map wipe. All of the veterens on this server have played on this same map that has been used and abused for how long? I think it's time for a full wipe. Who's with me?
Nobody!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]