Discuss anything regarding MineRealm Classic here.
By eah
I vote we give perms of spawn to a group of trusted players and have them build until it looks like the sistine chapel.
By kingofturves
Sistine Chapel would be good.

And Intelli, unban everyone. I did win that game against you on Monoply. And the win result was that you had to scrap the ban list. A clean slate for everyone.
(Besides the worst offenders would just get banned again)

It would bring a bit more traffic to the server.
By monkeychunks
Well first off spawn is a wreck, secondly Minerealm has not advertised in a while and school is going on. Also I have found Minecraft to get a bit boring, more so on MineRealm because I have done pretty muh everything there is to do. If Intelli advertised during Christmas break, redid spawn, and added some less vanilla yet fun aspects to the game, then the server might be much more popular.
By Dilsifprosif1
Actually if you didn't notice, people these days have lost interest in the vanilla smp in minecraft. People like minigames , factions, kitpvp, mods etc.

Also advertising on something people check and adding a voting system (which gives you nothing).
Also somebody with a ton of subscribers could record on this server, wouldn't that be great.
By Meowrocket
Dilsifprosif1 wrote:Also somebody with a ton of subscribers could record on this server, wouldn't that be great.
People who record on this server don't get many views or followers because, like books, people want some type of conflict or something ridiculously funny to everyone. We're just a nice community of relatively normal people. Nobody watches TV shows about perfectly nice neighbourhoods with no big problems- there has to be some conflict.

Happy people make bad TV.

-Meow
By General Grievous
Hi,

Perhaps some data could support the fact that MR is not dead:
- number of recurring users (access within 30 days)
- credits owned by recurring users
- credits owned by banned users
- overall credits
- plots owned
Are such data available for the last 12 to 24 months? The only number I see is the current number of owned plots. And yes, I asked before :)

As already mentioned before, perhaps it makes sense to post some vids how the magic is done, e.g. gameplay. This will attract more players than anything else, I bet.

Best,
A.

P.S.: Sue them, I mean it :)
By Joseph3114
daimond_boss wrote:Unban everyone.

That would get things moving.
That's actually a not a bad idea.
That's the reason my friends and I never log on anymore, the people we'd log on to see have all been long banned.

Go make that a real suggestion.
By mitchie151
I saw an advert on Reddit yesterday.

The only reason I don't play regularly any more, despite being here for almost 4 years, is that my friends have moved on. I play Archeage, CSGO, LoL, etc.

When I do, rarely play Minecraft however... I often choose not to play on MineRealm. The experience has become rather stagnant. The small map size, lag (being australian), and general easiness of the server as well as limited actual potential for endgame expansion makes the server just a little more dull to me than a smaller one, or my own.

To say it's dying is a bit far though. MineRealm attracts a different type of person now compared to what it did 2-3 years ago. It's definitely a more creative focussed server. If anything, it's Minerealms distinct lack of focus that makes it unappealing to me. It's neither survival, or fully creative. It's kind of in a limbo, where you must gather all your blocks manually in order to create what you want, that may or may not have any value outside of impressing others.

The wilderness was a cool idea, but it resets far too infrequently to make it worth playing in the wilderness over anything else.

/rant

Anyway, that's my reasoning. It's definitely not dead though. A 20+ person average is decent.
By mitchie151
Bu1ld0g wrote:
mitchie151 wrote:A 20+ person average is decent.
Try 3 person average
Yeah, but we're Australian. Practically any time we have available for playing games is the dead of the night in America. With even 6 people currently online, at 12.30am central time, you could expect a fair few more during prime time. Perhaps '20+' is pushing it, but I honestly doubt many non-mega servers are doing that amazingly at the moment.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]