Any updates, including updates to the game servers, will be posted here.
Additional changes:

- Added a /guild command
- Changed how "/guild name" works. Guild names need to be set again.
- Fixed it so "/realm" works in public realms
- Made it so "You have entered a public realm" notices now show again.
- Fixed it so /realm purchase works again.
- Fixed it so guilds get properly configured if created with the old party system when using "/guild name"
- Fixed it so "/guild remove" confirms that you removed a player
- Made it so "/guild users" no longer displays invited users as members.
- Fixed it so realms are valued at 9000 credits instead of 1000 credits when selling.
- Fixed it so selling realms to other players works again.
- Fixed it so "/realm" shows information for the correct realm when standing on x0 or z0
fritterdonut wrote:
Intelli wrote:
mitchie151 wrote:Are realms still gridlocked? As in, stuck to the grid coordinates, or is it like 2.0 how they can be anywhere?

If its anywhere, I'm unhappy, this adds additional work to an already fine system, and makes it difficult to purchase 2x2, or any other formations of realms touching each other.

But by dynamic I'm sure you mean something else...
Still a grid. But that grid is no longer confined to a 10,000 x 10,000 area. There is now an infinite amount of realms
Could this mean what I think it means...? :D
I could have sworn.... O_O darn. that's gotta mean..
kingofturves wrote:Question, what will happen now when we buy new realms, is it centred on where we stand?
Will new realms when purchased near neighbouring realms always be 50x50?
Intelli wrote:Still a grid. But that grid is no longer confined to a 10,000 x 10,000 area. There is now an infinite amount of realms
kingofturves wrote:Question, what will happen now when we buy new realms, is it centred on where we stand?
Will new realms when purchased near neighbouring realms always be 50x50?
No, the realm system has not changed at all.
It is just no longer restricted to the predefined 40,000 realms.

(There are no longer any predefined realms. Unowned realms are no longer stored in the database)
MrOrwin wrote:Could you MS paint this for us Intelli?
Intelli just explained it. The old realm system was confined to the area specified in the database. Now that realms are calculated dynamically, there is no need to store public realms in a database. When purchased, the realm calculates which one it is then passesthe information on to the database. The current realm placement has not changed.
I don't know if this necessarily means there's an impending map expansion (though that would be incredible!). By making the server stop keeping track of all 40,000 realms at all times, and instead keep track of only the couple thousand realms that are owned, there might be less strain on the server's programs for organizing the land.

Of course, with Intelli explicitly saying it's not confined to a 10,000 x 10,000 area, it seems like it would at least make it easier to implement a future map expansion, if that's something he's pursuing.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]