Any updates, including updates to the game servers, will be posted here.
Can someone (like Intelli) tell me if I'm right:

In public land, there are no plots calculated/loaded. So if you were to type /realm it wouldn't show you which realm you're in. Just open land with no pre-determined grid.

Then, when you do /realm purchase, the server temporarily refers to the grid which we can't see and calculates which realm you would be in?

For example, player A is at some point far from spawn. Upon doing /realm purchase, the server determines that he's in the realm at x3275 z4075 and he now owns it just like before 4.3?
Laserminer wrote:Can someone (like Intelli) tell me if I'm right:

In public land, there are no plots calculated/loaded. So if you were to type /realm it wouldn't show you which realm you're in. Just open land with no pre-determined grid.

Then, when you do /realm purchase, the server temporarily refers to the grid which we can't see and calculates which realm you would be in?

For example, player A is at some point far from spawn. Upon doing /realm purchase, the server determines that he's in the realm at x3275 z4075 and he now owns it just like before 4.3?
Nope. When you type /realm, the server calculates the realm you are in based on your coordinates. There is not necessarily a "grid" that gets loaded; it is more like a mathematical calculation. If you purchase the realm, it adds it, along with any other necessary information, to the realm database. This update isn't going to seem any different from the old system. As prodigy pointed out, it should remove a bit of the load from the database and allow for possible future map expansion.
I'll figure this out when I'm in game, but I am kind of curious now.
planephanatic wrote:When you type /realm, the server calculates the realm you are in based on your coordinates.
Does this mean realms purchased since 4.3 will be centered on the player's location when purchasing?

If not I don't see how it could be different from my scenario.

If so, it will be a bit more difficult to line them up properly and there could be uneven spaces in between realms.
BUG

Scenario:

You are holding an amount of more than 1 of any item and you throw 2 in one place with out it being picked up, and 2 in a different place, from the same stack.

You go to pick up the 2 you just threw and you receive all 4.

The throwing is collecting the whole of what you threw and gathers it together each time!

Issue:

Another thing is because the world is now infinite, what happens if someone creates a portal out side the normal 10k x 10k?

The Nether is still limited!

Fail!

Another thing is because the world is now infinite, what happens if someone creates a portal out side the normal 10k x 10k?

Fail!
the world border hasn't been expanded yet ;)
would be fantastic though if that was to happen someday.
Roobean wrote:BUG

Scenario:

You are holding an amount of more than 1 of any item and you throw 2 in one place with out it being picked up, and 2 in a different place, from the same stack.

You go to pick up the 2 you just threw and you receive all 4.

The throwing is collecting the whole of what you threw and gathers it together each time!

Issue:

Fail!

The bug you mention is actually a feature.
By eah
So, basically, to clarify, there is no change to realms and the grid the realms are set to on the outside of the programing.

On the inside, however, a realm does not actually exist unless someone owns said 50x50 plot, which should free up space and lag. Previously, the server would have to store the position and information of each and every 50x50 plot regardless if it's public or private. This includes space for the realm name, motd, owner, members, and position. If I'm correct, before 4.3, a public plot would take up lines of "0"s, wasted space.
So 20 posts of bickering later, we've learned the following about how realms work in 4.3 compared to earlier versions:

REALMS ARE FUNCTIONALLY IDENTICAL TO PREVIOUS VERSIONS, ON THE USER'S END
NOTHING HAS CHANGED
LOL
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]