Any updates, including updates to the game servers, will be posted here.
By Yuushi
As of December 10th, 2010 (-7:00 Mountain Time) the spreading of all fires has been disabled.

This is due to the recent mass forest burning the server has experienced. There is an issue with burning logs not being destroyed by fires, and after time all those fires can become taxing on the server. However, fire will still burn individual blocks and is not a blacklisted block, so your bonfires, fireplaces and other contraptions with fire should all be fine.

*Lighters now get destroyed when dropped. You are perfectly safe putting them in a chest to trade among players or for safe keeping, but if you die or try trading them by dropping them then your lighter will be destroyed.

*For the time being, lava will not light fires to nearby flammable blocks. This is only until things hopefully get worked out with fires, their spreading radius and logs properly being destroyed.

***LAVA WILL STILL HURT YOU AND DESTROY ITEMS PLACED IN IT. The lava change is not permanent so be wary when placing it near your creations, as it will be returned to normal and start fires to nearby flammable blocks when above issues are solved.

The server management is in no way responsible for damage done by failure to heed the lava warning in the future.
By Spritzo
Yuushi wrote:There is an issue with burning logs not being destroyed by fires, and after time all those fires can become taxing on the server.[/i]
This also happens on singleplayer, so it's not an SMP sorta problem. Not sure if Notch plans on changing that or not. And this definitely slows the server down but it's still hilarious to see a giant forest burn down. I'll post a picture later of a problem my group had a few days ago, I'm on my laptop right now so I don't have the picture..boo...
By Gekkonidae
Thank @#$%#ing god.... Now I have the task of replanting the entire southern hemispheres forest. Any help with this at all will be greatly appreciated! Even if not just the south-western forest, ANYWHERE that is in need of replanting would be appreciated. I think if everyone chips in we could get it back to normal, if not, looking better than it was before! :)

Time for me to go johnny-appleseed this mutha...
By cerevox
The logs burning forever is actually a feature, not a bug. Seriously, no joke. Its because of the fireplace physics. If a burning block is only burning on one side, and has no other flammable blocks next to it(blocks already on fire are not flammable) and it stays that way for 10 seconds, it becomes an eternal fire. This situation simply happens often when a tree burns down because of the way leaves burn. So this is not an issue, and because it is not an issue it will never be solved as there is nothing to solve.(by never i mean not until well into beta at least(read: months))

Also, why are dropped lighters destroyed? It makes no sense. You can still trade them via chests, and you can also recharge them through chests. If you place a lighter in a chest and break the chest, the lighter pops out and can be picked up just like normal but with all charges restored, just like any other tool. All you have done is make it so if you accidentally press q with your lighter, you destroy it.
By Gekkonidae
Cerevox sounds like a technical support lead to me. You know your stuff in other words. Hopefully you've expressed your knowledge to the team. Your posts are always delightfully informative, when i'm not doing my homework. :) It's refreshing.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]