Any updates, including updates to the game servers, will be posted here.
By Intelli
I have made a change to the core minecraft server file, regarding how blocks break:

Whenever a player breaks a block, the server will (should) now send a packet to the client, confirming that the block has been broken immediately. However, this is not yet saved on the server.

Separate checks are then done, and it's confirmed if the block did indeed break (if you're in a realm, etc) - if it did break, it then will drop the relevant item from that block. If not, it will send to the client to revert the change. This should remove block breaking lag (teleporting you back when you break 2+ blocks in a short amount of time), as confirmation that it was broken is sent immediately.

Let me know if you notice/find any issues.

Thanks!
By Intelli
Realized the packet I was sending immediately was actually saying that the block WASN'T broken, which is why it would flash back at times (although the rest of the patch was working, just looked odd visually)

Fixed :)
By BeBopBoy
block lag has gotten much better the past week. i think particular focus should be put on gravel. it still takes a while to fall, then it shakes until it settles, and only then can you actually mine it @.@
By Stimson
Edit: Nevermind Spritzo said he was rolling back griefing and caused lag issues. 1600 blocks of griefage
Last edited by Stimson on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stimson wrote:block lag. it is back, that or we had some lag issues not sure but i mine some stone, then it reappears then disappears again.
There's going to be some, but it's significantly better than before.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]