Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By Ryu Aurora
Hello loves. I have seen an uptick in comments of a pointless nature, some of them going so far as to Necro dead topics with inane drivel.

Some of you may be wondering, "But Ryu, people necro the Wish thread and Song thread all the time why is that allowed?"
Well you see, those are dedicated chat threads, and reviving them with posts that are relevant to the theme is perfectly fine.
Of course, I am sure some of you are instead thinking, "But Ryu, people necro suggestion threads sometimes, and they are not warned or banned for it, while I was?”
Because their post was useful, or relevant to a situation, ex. a suggestion limiting the amount of posts per day for users that had not verified there IGN at http://minerealm.com/verify was necro'd after a series of annoying spammers on the forums. This was a valid necro as it was brought back for a specific, useful reason, and offered a bit of input.
It is NOT a valid or tolerable necro if the thread is revived with an off topic comment, or if the idea has already been ACCEPTED/APPROVED.

Now that I have explained how to necro a thread the right way, I will explain the consequences of doing it wrong.

If you necro a thread that is at least 2 weeks old, and the comment is useless, 1 day forum ban. Further necro's on the same or different topics will result in increasingly longer bans, ex. 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, and so on.

If the necro is on a thread that is more than 2 months old, and the comment is useless, I will forum ban you for a week. Further infractions, at the discretion of the Staff, may result in longer bans.

Temporary forum bans may be granted more liberally if the offending post is particularly stupid, and the lengths of bans are subject to change, at the discretion of the Staff.

I would like to point out that this list is negotiable, on Staff's terms only. Trolling, raging, and general idiocy will all be treated with the scorn they deserve, and warnings/bans will be gifted like it is Christmas. Arguing about the rules is as likely to end in a ban as breaking them.

If you have any questions, post them in this thread.
Ryu Aurora wrote: I would like to point out that this list is negotiable, on Staff's terms only. Trolling, raging, and general idiocy will all be treated with the scorn they deserve, and warnings/bans will be gifted like it is Christmas
This is my bread and butter. We aren't asking more than to simply be civilized to each other.
By Eetrab
Is it possible to put a temporary ban on people who have necro'd threads before this was posted? If so, I would like to request one in particular.
By EpicBros
Nice. Glad to see you guys put your collective feet down on the recent spew of garbage that has littered the forum.
By The-Jack-DeCk
So, any thread can be necro'd, as long as the person that does so has a valid reason for doing so? Is there more wiggle room for necro'ing your own thread than somebody elses?

As a side note, this thread's 8 posts have all happened in a row without anybody else posting in another thread. That's the first time I have seen this.
The-Jack-DeCk wrote:So, any thread can be necro'd, as long as the person that does so has a valid reason for doing so? Is there more wiggle room for necro'ing your own thread than somebody elses?

As a side note, this thread's 8 posts have all happened in a row without anybody else posting in another thread. That's the first time I have seen this.
We're already seeing results!
By Ryu Aurora
The-Jack-DeCk wrote:So, any thread can be necro'd, as long as the person that does so has a valid reason for doing so?
Yes, this is true. Posting further ideas/reviving for a relevant reason, is perfectly acceptable. Posting "I like this idea" or "I hate this idea" and NOT offering actual content revives the thread and takes up space, causing confusion and delay.

Actual content would involve how to implement the idea, suggestions for making it more viable, etc..
The-Jack-DeCk wrote:Is there more wiggle room for necro'ing your own thread than somebody elses?
Same logic. If the thread is revived in a useful fashion, then it is perfectly acceptable. Reviving your own thread and asking for further input is also fine, provided it is done for a valid reason, or at the least, requesting a verdict ACCEPTED/REJECTED.

In the end, decisions are made at the discretion of the Staff. Be respectful, and use common sense, and you will likely just be warned. If you are disrespectful or post ranting and raving, bans are sure to follow.
Eetrab wrote:Is it possible to put a temporary ban on people who have necro'd threads before this was posted? If so, I would like to request one in particular.
Report the offending post and it will be handled, if it needs to be.
DrHetterscheidt wrote:We're already seeing results!
Indeed. The second Golden Age is upon us.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]