Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By XsyntaXerrorX
Intelli wrote:Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd throw up a quick post to acknowledge that today is the servers 4th anniversary!
It's been an interesting 4 years. So, here's to the next 4 years!

Looking ahead

I'll be honest - I don't have much time to put towards server development at the moment. I'n hoping this'll change by early next year.

Let's be real though. Most veteran players are "taking a break" from Minecraft at the moment. I know I'm personally not that interested in playing Minecraft right now.

When I do find some time, I'll be (finally) starting development of MineRealm v5. With this next release, I'll be attempting to take Minecraft back to its roots, with gameplay that's enjoyable for new and old players alike.

When this development is completed, I'm planning to re-release the server - this means the map and economy of the new server will be completely separate from our existing map. However, fear not - the current (v4) map will stay up as a separate server. The gameplay of the v5 server will be different enough, that I expect there will still be some interest in the old v4 server.

I'll be posting more information once I have an actual release date for the new server.

Feel free to post any questions below.

Thanks for supporting MineRealm!
Both 5th anniversary and MineRealm v5 coming up! Time for lift-off! Five by five! :D
By x998monsterx
And people are still taking "a break". I went on Saturday night and there was only 1 person on....

It seems as if Minecraft has died. Have the sales figures dropped? It seems less and less popular now.
By TechnoProdigy
x998monsterx wrote:And people are still taking "a break". I went on Saturday night and there was only 1 person on....

It seems as if Minecraft has died. Have the sales figures dropped? It seems less and less popular now.
It's like G-mod. Sandbox games that have no central direction always have a huge boom in popularity for a while and then dwindle down to a more hardcore/invested playerbase.
By dlgn
Everyone on MR seemed dedicated, though. Then everyone left.
By TechnoProdigy
dlgn wrote:Everyone on MR seemed dedicated, though. Then everyone left.
That's what happens on a map as incredibly old as ours and when the core player-base is banned and nothing is updated for a very long time.
By legokrin
Legit_Neymar wrote:I wish we'd get atleast a post or something from intelli
Yeah, like if something's actually happening or being developed
By dlgn
TechnoProdigy wrote:
dlgn wrote:Everyone on MR seemed dedicated, though. Then everyone left.
That's what happens on a map as incredibly old as ours and when the core player-base is banned and nothing is updated for a very long time.
The core player-base is banned? I wouldn't say so. We recovered from the first and second Great Purges, after all, and if that were the main problem we could get past it. But more importantly, it isn't like a bunch of people left because they got banned. People just played less and less. That's why we had occasional spikes in activity in which we'd have 30-40 people on at once. It was some big banning thing, we all just faded out.

As for updates, I sort of agree, but we had shrunk a great deal before the long wait between updates. Then again, 1.9 is probably going to come out soon, so we'll see.

But I can't help but feel that something must have happened to cause this. I just don't know what.
legokrin wrote:
Legit_Neymar wrote:I wish we'd get atleast a post or something from intelli
Yeah, like if something's actually happening or being developed
We know it is, as he's talked about v5 for a while. I think he's just holding off on it until he has a chance to get a bunch of players on. Critical mass and all that.
By legokrin
dlgn wrote: We know it is, as he's talked about v5 for a while. I think he's just holding off on it until he has a chance to get a bunch of players on. Critical mass and all that.
I see no way of getting a bunch of players on. I just see it being held off until 1.9.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]