Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By dlgn
I like the idea of plots in the Nether. At the very least, it could make for an interestingly different playing experience. Although it would cut back a bit on the free chaos of the Nether, it would be interesting to see what players would choose to do in the Nether, because I don't think MineRealm's Nether has ever reached its full potential, or really even gone beyond "credit mine, PvP arena, and transport system".

The spawn plot idea, though, is actually rather frightening, and I don't think it would work very well at all unless it was significantly modified. You see, the limited supply (but easy initial attainability) of spawn plots would strongly encourage players who aren't at the top of the wealth spectrum (or really anyone who isn't worth more than 50K or possibly even more) to sell their plots to richer players at a serious discount compared to what those rich players would otherwise have to pay. With a high price and a lack of consumption substitutes, quantity supplied by those poor players and demanded by the rich ones would skyrocket. It would be disturbingly easy to get not just a guild monopoly, but a personal monopoly over almost the entirety of Spawn City.

It's also worth pointing out that this would make it very difficult for your average player to get a few personally-owned spawn plots for their guilds, since they couldn't buy the plots themselves and the players who owned those plots would be much more willing to sell to the rich monopoly-seekers. I know Intelli likes Monopoly®, but that's taking it a bit too far, don't you think?

~dlgn
By MBXONE
Plots in the end and nether would bring real excitement back to Minerealm. I can imagine a cool floating city in the end with satellite plots and long rail systems and transit tubes out to remote island plots. Maybe the only place you could fly would be in the end, like it was outer space or something! The imagination could go wild in a environment like that! I am sure some of you could come up with cool ideas for the end and the nether too.
By MBXONE
I just had a thought before I was about to login...what if...instead of another server, Minerealm just implemented the ideas for the nether and the end and left the overworld unchanged? That way no one loses their builds, or stuff. It could give all players a chance to build something new in the end and the nether. I am sure they can be improvements to the existing overworld without abandoning it, like a new spawn build/structure among some of the good ideas mentioned in this thread.
By x998monsterx
Happy Birthday Minerealm!

Like you said, I'm one of the veterans taking a break. I simply don't have time or drive to start a big project.

I was just thinking, didn't you accept a suggestion for a 2 year and 3 year veteran a while ago? Is this ever going to be implemented?

Monster
By Joseph3114
x998monsterx wrote:Happy Birthday Minerealm!

Like you said, I'm one of the veterans taking a break. I simply don't have time or drive to start a big project.

I was just thinking, didn't you accept a suggestion for a 2 year and 3 year veteran a while ago? Is this ever going to be implemented?

Monster
That was my suggestion two years in a row lol.
Accepted both times...
By Darth_Raven
I am also one of the vets taking a break.

I do log in now and then and continue to build on my property, this is the only vanilla themed server I play on, I also find myself playing less on other servers , or due to the EULA a couple of the servers I play on had to shut down :(.

I had issues with the mob limit per plot, since people live with me, and having that many people living together means despawns. If the new server comes up I learned my lesson on having that many people living with or near me. I would prefer having bigger mob cap on the new server, because I actually like people living around me , but if that is not the case I will still be fine.

A bigger server would be nice I could run out to the goonies and live there not near anyone :P.

The suggestion for plots in the nether is a good idea , plots in the end not so much so if you want the server to not have massive ender farms which are nice but not needed ...

Another suggestion would be more events such as the lottery, or the Halloween events. Or some fancy new ranks ( just titles) depending on veteran status. Or some earnable ones like digger or architect or land hog :P ( land hog would be me >< )

In reference to the person who posted above for the 16 x 16 plots, I have played on many towny servers , one that had that size of plots, and where tiny houses are cute and all( they really are adorable) it really affects building big, and if you had animals or a spawner there it makes it even more difficult to measure , especially on servers where mob limits are reduced.

Remembering past posts ( Just In case)
Remember the taxes thing that was mentioned and never was implemented ( not yet phew :)) well take it from veteran on another server that charged per piece of land (mega build oriented) it works if you have a store which would means that the whole credit thing would have to be completely changed, and we would no longer be vanilla themed which is what makes this server so different from all the others Ive played on. And it works if you have an area that resets every so often for resource, but it will not work on a server that does not have one of those two things .... if you do not want the world to be a big dug out mess that is.

The guild idea was fairly expensive but also a credit sink that many people would not be able to afford without a better economy. It was a very good idea just very expensive. I liked the idea of the guild town spawn , and the credit sink so not everyone would want to have one however.

one last thing if you are scrapping the vanilla theme I would like something like mmco , or a store that is all I would ever need . and with the contest give prizes.

Also happy birthday mr !!!
By v1RuX
First: Congratulations Minerealm (aka Intelli & staff) for beeing around for so long :)

I'm "on hold" for months now and really looking forward a new system with everything fresh, thanks for that too Intelli!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]