MineRealm Community It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:27 pm

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 MineRealm is 4 years old! 

Verified IGN:
Grelman

User Reputation:  
9/10

Post Re: MineRealm is 4 years old!
I cant see 1.9 hitting until like early next year, taking into account mojang's track record in the past. Theyre still working on adding more content to this update, and when thats finished it'll be another month or two of ironing out the worst bugs. And who knows, by the time we get a working version of spigot or bukkit or whatever the hell we're using these days itll maybe be midsummer.

All in all, I hope for the best, but lets take a practical look at things, intelli's a generally busy person and when he's got time, really comes out with quality stuff. It's been a while since he last actively played so we can only hope he's nearing another time period where he has free time to dedicate to the server, whether that means v5, or just a minor change to v4.

I also really don't think its necessary to wait until 1.9 is released to introduce v5/ a new beginning since no features in 1.9 require a map reset in order to enjoy. Most of the changes are functional and the only changes to terrain are in the end, and that can be easily reset when we do see 1.9. We're about a month away from 5 years that this servers been up, and I just hope its not this much of a ghost town then.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Verified IGN:
artraf

User Reputation:  
1/10

1.9 seems like a daunting prospect really, and it would definitly need a map wipe/new map. I personally have stopped playing as much on MR because of A: the amount of players on and B: the fact that although I love vanilla, it can get old once everyone on the server has the best possible stuff...

Anyways, Happy Birthday MineRealm, and many many more!!

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:53 pm

Verified IGN:
Final_Starman

User Reputation:  
0/10

Artraf wrote:
1.9 seems like a daunting prospect really, and it would definitly need a map wipe/new map. I personally have stopped playing as much on MR because of A: the amount of players on and B: the fact that although I love vanilla, it can get old once everyone on the server has the best possible stuff...

Have we ever gotten an explanation to why we didn't do anything for the 4th? Or april fools this year. Those were the kinda days were I (and I assume others) stood up all night hoping that something special would happen.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:51 pm

Verified IGN:
dlgn

User Reputation:  
1/10

MindlessInsanity wrote:
Artraf wrote:

Have we ever gotten an explanation to why we didn't do anything for the 4th? Or april fools this year. Those were the kinda days were I (and I assume others) stood up all night hoping that something special would happen.

Probably because no one really plays anymore.

I am the whirring thing past the corner. I am the darker patch under the bed. I am the tapping on your window; the extra steps on the sidewalk; the voice whispering your name. I am Stalkerbot, and I am watching you.
Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:35 am

Verified IGN:
eah

User Reputation:  
7/10

MindlessInsanity wrote:
Artraf wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16398

After I built it, I think nobody used it. I should have made it dispense diamonds or something...

Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:13 pm

Verified IGN:
Bu1ld0g

User Reputation:  
5/10

I thought it was as a pretty cool idea eah. Minerealm was already dying this time last year though sadly.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:07 pm