Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By dlgn
Intelli wrote:2. Squid have been moved to the "Monsters" category, due to a number of reported drowning attempts.
due to a number of reported drowning attempts
drowning attempts

I'm scared...
By Intelli
cubeguy314 wrote:Would it be possible to have named mobs (both passive and hostile) take priority over all others?
This has now been implemented.

Named entities will now have an additional year added to their age, giving them priority over other entities.
By Bu1ld0g
SamColt wrote:I hear most of the concerns but i think we are forgetting something important.
This is intelli's server, we are guests and not fee paying ones at that.!
*cough*
Bu1ld0g wrote:I'm curious if the paypal option would become available again?
I'm now in a comfortable position to donate, tbh I have been since bitcoin donations were introduced, but have no interest in using bitcoin.
SkullRose wrote:I would totally start donating again via PayPal. I feel nude without my donor tag...
XsyntaXerrorX wrote:I feel the same way, and I would also like to start donating again.
FYI, these posts were ignored...
By Tee
Intelli wrote:3. Entities in plots are now sorted by age. This means only the newest entities in a plot are despawned, to protect your existing entities.
Great change - thanks. Just a query though as to whether this ONLY affects the overworld, or whether it affects the nether also? Because despawning entities from newest to oldest in the nether would seriously impact wither skeleton hunting.

Also, a suggestion - could mobs that generate beyond map border be insta-despawned? My home plots are on the map border and friendly mobs do tend to build up a bit out there, plus monsters spawn on the surface at night due to zero lighting.
General Grievous wrote:What kind of hardware equipment is needed to go back where we were?
Was thinking about this question and considering what was written about Paypal I would like to add:
How much money would (per month) you need and question to Intelli: Would you accept it? If yes, could this be connected to a system where donors have e.g. 100 mobs/plot (and others not)?

Best,
A.
By KingSpartacus
General Grievous wrote:*snip* could this be connected to a system where donors have e.g. 100 mobs/plot (and others not)?

Best,
A.
on that note, i believe there was a conversation that went something along the lines of: essentially, donor perks must not provide an in game advantage as such, as that way no-one is paying to get ahead in the game, which is how the game was, in my view, meant to be played. Donor perks were very simple, you got a nice tag in chat and your realms didn't disband until 30 days after your tag ran out rather than 30 days after you last logged in. this meant that if you couldn't connect due to internets but were still donating, your realms were safe :)

I would like to see the old Paypal system brought back as that is my preferred method, and would mean i wouldn't have to have a bitcoin account or similar just to donate.

KingS
By eah
As I recall being told by some of the staff, Intelli switched to bitcoin because paypal forced him to have minerealm and his own personal/business transactions on the same statement and it made things difficult. I imagine he thought the ease of bitcoin would outweigh the reduced donations. However, he's receiving practically none. Switching back to paypal might be a better option. I can't see anything else being anymore popular than bitcoin. Most people would rather use paypal, something they've already used and are familiar with, rather than subscribe to something else. Not to mention bitcoins are harder to get outside the US.

As for adding benefits to donors, it violates Mojang's EULA.
By Bu1ld0g
eah2119 wrote:Most people would rather use paypal, something they've already used and are familiar with, rather than subscribe to something else. Not to mention bitcoins are harder to get outside the US.
Yeah, no eah. It has nothing to do with change and everything to do with trust, it not being regulated, fluctuation of rates. I could go on but this isn't the thread for that discussion.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]