Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By XsyntaXerrorX
FinalFouad wrote:I know what's done is done and cannot be reversed, but no fore-warning on such a HUGE change is something I would have never expected.
Exactly. I did not expect it either. Why there is this cold indifference towards the community is beyond me.
Intelli wrote:If I had known the number of players with cherished "unlimited paper villagers", then advance warning may have been given.
Why this apathy?
Hello,

Would it be possible to connect TPS to the number of hostile mobs, e.g. if the TPS rate drops below 20, hostile mobs limit is reduced accordingly until 20 is reached again... so, for using a grinder out of high demand times? Otherwise I have no clue how to do a XP repair of my used picks within the next decade.

For the long run:
- What kind of hardware equipment is needed to go back where we were?
- How about implementing a process in which people are informed about the exact timing... I know, there might be case in which the expected discussions are not really what someone wants (at least I prefer to do than to discuss), but the high quality of the server is partly based on the feedback of the people.
By XsyntaXerrorX
eah2119 wrote:Don't complain when you lose something of low cost and high return, let alone something that you know has a history of disappearing.
Nice your application got accepted? Congratz!
By eah
XsyntaXerrorX wrote:
eah2119 wrote:Don't complain when you lose something of low cost and high return, let alone something that you know has a history of disappearing.
Nice your application got accepted? Congratz!
1-2-3-4, I declare a flame war!

Seriously, it's not like intelli despawned all mobs and then posted "lol, have fun everyone." He made a mistake by not giving a warning. I can't be mad at him about that. I'm willing to look past the small mistakes for everything else he does for the server.
By SamColt
I hear most of the concerns but i think we are forgetting something important.
This is intelli's server, we are guests and not fee paying ones at that.!

I think people are forgetting the time and effort it take to keep this place running. Intelli and the staff do a great job and for the most part keep us all happy.

These changes, like all other changes in the past and in the future will be coped with. I don't hear anyone posting "I can't live with this, I quit"
Sure my iron and leather farms dissolved in a flash. I'll just have the fun of making another one. Perhaps not as efficient or big but I'll live with it because I for one am grateful that I can enjoy this server for free.

If I could make one feature request /suggestion. Instead of depawning is the cap is exceeded, why not preventing further breeding. That would have the same effect and not destroy whole farms.
By FinalFouad
It's more-so hours put into breeding villies, investing 60k+ in emeralds (I think I bought most of mine from you?), moving them, placing them, making buildings just for them, and to have them despawn intentionally is what the issue is here.
By Intelli
A few changes have been implemented:

1. More than 5 pets (wolfs/ocelots) can now be on a plot. If the number of pets exceeds 5, the additional pets will be counted in the creature count.

2. Squid have been moved to the "Monsters" category, due to a number of reported drowning attempts.

3. Entities in plots are now sorted by age. This means only the newest entities in a plot are despawned, to protect your existing entities.

4. Monsters less than 5 minutes old will not despawn in a private plot if the total monster count in the plot is <= 20.
By cubeguy314
Intelli wrote:3. Entities in plots are now sorted by age. This means only the newest entities in a plot are despawned, to protect your existing entities.
I like that. Would it be possible to have named mobs (both passive and hostile) take priority over all others?
By Darth_Raven
I will post what the apocalypse area members lost- just pointing out the only large animal groups were kels sheep pen, and jadeds cow pen in our area. and one large villager group.

As some people know our group of friends live close together most of the despawns in our area were triggered by jadedblades cow or the storage area for kelprits sheep, which we were going to move at one point but had not build another pen for.

Falchornfld lost a large amount of his villagers in both villager areas that he owns including his infinite paper villager. and some animal losses we have to give him some breeding animals to replenish his stock.

Apocalypse guild lost roughly half its villagers which there were only 35 of in the trading area this is shared by at least ten people. This was upsetting to myself as my villagers had despawned last year and those Apocalypse villagers were the ones I had the most access to.

Kelprit lost roughly half of his villagers. Half a pen of colored sheep, a lot of chickens , some cows and a bunch of pigs.

Jadedblades lost most of his pigs, and most of his cows.

Martysilvertail, mamakanga and haightboy had no animals ( lucky them) , not sure how many animals jrogie had if he cares to respond.

Myself my land is quiet extensive so starting with the land other people rent from me

Chog23 lost all his sheep and pigs, its really hard to get them up to islands in the air.

Kinkin and pigrider lost their pigs and mooshrooms

The community island lost most of its cows.

Despite the fact that I spread my animals out ,There is a reason I have 6 horse pens - I still lost about ten horses, lucky my named one did not despawn. I only had 20-30 animals on each realm I lost animals on.

I also lost a limited amount of cows and chickens, my mooshrooms and pigs went unscathed ( phew)

I understand the reason was to fix lag, I would have liked a little warning, this is proof that non mega areas were affected. but many players who like to live in groups were also affected. It feels like punishment if you do not live by yourself. I take care of people who rent out from me , how am I supposed to explain how half their animals went missing when they are blocked off on floating islands, on property that does not have spawners on it.

And villagers are not the easiest thing to come by in our area, lucky we still have about 15 at the trade center, but we lost a great amount of good trades like glowstone ,paper and book shelves.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]