Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
panthers17nfl wrote:INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
(Currently only directions for Windows 7 users)

Warning: Opening a previous world with this mod will corrupt the file. Back up your worlds and save them elsewhere if they are important to you.

You will need:
-WinRAR, WinZip, or an equivalent.
-An up-to-date Minecraft client.
-PhoenixTerrainModSSPR1B10.zip. Download this from http://phoenixterrainmod.com/releases/.
-ModLoader Beta 1.5_01v4. Download this from http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/754 ... s-updates/.
***You do not need ModLoader or PhoenixTerrainMod installed yet. I will guide through these steps.

1. Open up the start menu and click "Run..."
2. In the command line, type in %appdata%/.minecraft/ and open it.
3A. To avoid conflict with other mods, delete the bin, texturepacks, and mods folders. Some people may not have the mods folder.
  • 3A1. Launch Minecraft and allow it to update. This is a fresh copy of Minecraft void of any mods or plugins (hopefully).
    3A2. Proceed to step 4.
3B. If you are feeling lucky, skip this step and go to 4.
4. Open the bin folder and locate the minecraft.jar file. Open this with WinRAR or an equivalent.
5. Delete the META-INF folder if it still exists.

Installing ModLoader (Continue from Step 5):
1. Drag the .class files from the ModLoader download into the minecraft.jar file where it will join the long list of .class files already there.

Installing PhoenixTerrainMod (Continue from Step 5):
1. Drag the .class files from the PhoenixTerrainModSSPR1B10.zip file into the minecraft.jar file.
2. Drag the BiomeTerrainModSettings.ini file in to your Minecraft folder. It should be accompanied by your bin, config, and saves folders.
3. Drag the BOBPlugins folder in to your Minecraft folder. This is where custom objects will be placed in the future.

Using the Mod
1. Opening the BiomeTerrainModSettings.ini file has you access the notepad file where you control everything. DO NOT DELETE any of these lines of text. The only thing you should be modifying is any integers or strings at the end.

2. Launch Minecraft. Begin a new world (I wouldn't recommend putting in a seed). Any world you start will take the settings from your .ini file. Previous worlds made WITH this mod will be preserved even after you alter your BiomeTerrainModSettings.ini file, which is nice.

Congrats! You should be enjoying a fully customizable Minecraft experience now! :D

I will post some explanations of what some of the BiomeTerrainSettings do if people so request it.
Thanks panthers. I am going to try this on Windows XP tomorrow to see if it works. I will post more info here if it does! I am so excited. This mod looks great!
Slicmi wrote:if it can open the .jar, then does it count as an equivalent to winrar?
Try it :)

But yeah by a general rule, if you can easily read the files and folders in the JAR (and it looks like a normal folder) you should be fine.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]