Administrators will post announcements regarding change in rules or gameplay.
By kerovon
Recently, the number of comments in the ban section have been increasing, but the number of comments actually directly relevant to the bans has been staying constant (pretty close to zero). As such, I will be reimplementing strict ban forum commenting rules. If you violate them, you will receive a forum ban. A few questions you might want to ask yourself before you comment on any appeals/requests:

1) Do I have personal knowledge of the circumstances of this players ban, and is my comment for the purpose of sharing the knowledge?
2) Is my comment phrased such that a new player would not confuse me with a mod making an official decision about their appeal?
3) Will my comment not cause any flame wars or debates?

If your answer to all of these questions is not "Yes", then you probably should not be commenting on the thread that you are commenting on. If staff determines that your post is pointless and adds nothing to the thread, we will give you a ban for some duration. The duration of the ban will vary based on how often you have done it, how bad your comment is, and the mood of whichever staff bans you for it.

If you do get banned, and you feel that the ban is entirely unfair and appeal your ban, unless your appeal is extraordinarily well written and well reasoned*, I will automatically double your ban duration.

*Defined as an appeal that literally brings tears to my eyes.
By dlgn
So, does this mean that I can no longer make my usual "bump every day, be honest, and be patient" post?
By kerovon
One of the major reasons why the constant bumping is needed is because other people make posts that are meaningless that bury previous posts.
By Ratta237
dlgn wrote:So, does this mean that I can no longer make my usual "bump every day, be honest, and be patient" post?
You mean *insert several sarcastic/troll comments here*?
By dlgn
Ratta237 wrote:
dlgn wrote:So, does this mean that I can no longer make my usual "bump every day, be honest, and be patient" post?
You mean *insert several sarcastic/troll comments here*?
I don't troll in the Bans section. I don't refrain from sarcasm, but I try not to make pointless posts.
By kerovon
Part of the problem is that when we try to find comments from the people involved, we have to wade through seas of generic, practically copy/pasted text to find them, which is inconvenient for us.
By Prodigy9
Meh. Fair enough. One question, though: does this mean that players are not allowed to bump other players' appeals?
The information about bumping is provided in a sticky thread in the bans section. Honesty and patience *should* be assumed to be necessary without being told... if a banned player lies in an appeal and impatiently lashes out due to the lack of a speedy unban, that player's departure is likely not a catastrophic loss to the server.
When you state appeal, do you mean appeal on forums as an alt forum account, appealing through email/skype, or both? I find this to be confusing. Also, when giving them advice such as brushing up on rules so the player knows what they need do when they are given an unban date or unbanned count as irrelevant or relevant? I believe it is relevant, but I am not too sure. Since you would be giving the player information on some other information that is not a reason for their ban, but other reasons for when being banned. Also, would the post of saying +1/reason for +1'ing count as relevant?
By Aelcalan
tl;dr
Bans is for staff and banned people. If you set foot there, and staff doesn't find your post to be HIGHLY RELEVANT, your forum account will be joining that second group.

MEMYYSELFANDME!! wrote:When you state appeal, do you mean appeal on forums as an alt forum account, appealing through email/skype, or both?
ANY appeal.
MEMYYSELFANDME!! wrote:Also, would the post of saying +1/reason for +1'ing count as relevant?
See point one in the original post. Everybody that wants to weigh in on a ban may do so through the automatically included poll. There's no need to explain your reasoning, and doing so typically only clutters threads. Indeed, the polls were implemented for the specific purpose of doing away with support/oppose posts in bans altogether.

For everything else, re-read Kero's post, and pay particular attention to point two. We are spectacularly weary of seeing people speak as though they are involved in the unban process; banned players frequently don't have the firmest grasp of what's going on in the first place, and they don't need to get false impressions of who will be deciding on their appeal, and they ESPECIALLY don't need to be under false impressions of what they need to do/that their appeal is a foregone conclusion.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]