Post any ban appeals or ban requests within this forum.

Should this appeal/request be accepted?

Yes
23%
No
77%
By Tyranitar140
I looted a lot which I believe is why I was banned. I did this out of boredom, and I'm sorry. If I remember correctly I did not keep any of the items, I just dropped them all in the trade chest. Sorry if I caused these items to be duped when my looting was rolled, that was not my intention.

Not to hate on the staff, but the time between my first looting spree and the one that got me banned from was several months. The first spree was small, but as I noticed that nothing was being done about it I just kept doing more. That was stupid of me. I am sorry.

I do not plan on playing a whole ton if I am unbanned, I just want to look around more. In the future I will be sure to just log off if I get bored instead of breaking server rules for my own amusement.

I will gladly accept any item or credit penalty that staff see fit.
By Rokkrwolf
Honestly I'm not even sure where to start with your blatant disregard for the rules. Sure nothing was being done but that's because you were a trustworthy player, and no one noticed you were looting because we didn't expect it.

I still need sometime to think about what I want to do about this situation.
By Tyranitar140
Rokkrwolf wrote:Honestly I'm not even sure where to start with your blatant disregard for the rules. Sure nothing was being done but that's because you were a trustworthy player, and no one noticed you were looting because we didn't expect it.

I still need sometime to think about what I want to do about this situation.
I do understand that I have more than earned this ban, and that the fact that my illegal behaviors were not caught sooner does not justify them. In the past I was banned a few times on minor looting charges which were both resolved, and I am merely expressing that the attention and time spent checking server logs now is clearly not what is used to be.

Many players have been banned from this server, and I think you could say, "We didn't expect it" about a lot of those cases too. The fact is that I realized that me getting banned was improbable, which I believed was due to staff inactivity, and I took it way too far.

Still waiting on that response, and if possible I would like a bit of information about who the staff member was who banned me and about how the former staff member I was talking to that day was involved in my ban and does not seem to have revived a ban himself.

Thanks
~Tyran
By Tee
Tyranitar140 wrote:...the attention and time spent checking server logs now is clearly not what is used to be.
The player base isn't what it used to be, hence reduced staff involvement. It means only that it might take longer for you to be caught though; not that you won't be.
Tyranitar140 wrote:The fact is that I realized that me getting banned was improbable, which I believed was due to staff inactivity, and I took it way too far.
So your respect for the server rules only goes as far as you believe they will be enforced?
By Tyranitar140
Tee wrote:So your respect for the server rules only goes as far as you believe they will be enforced?
At the time, the fact that the rule was not being enforced made it more tempting to break. I think the server rules only have value if they are enforced, but I suppose I still respect the principle behind them regardless of whether staff actually enforce them or not.

~Tyran
By Rokkrwolf
Tyranitar140 wrote:
Tee wrote:So your respect for the server rules only goes as far as you believe they will be enforced?
At the time, the fact that the rule was not being enforced made it more tempting to break. I think the server rules only have value if they are enforced, but I suppose I still respect the principle behind them regardless of whether staff actually enforce them or not.

~Tyran
Obviously your assumption of the rules not being enforced is wrong cause here we are.
By Tyranitar140
Rokkrwolf wrote:
Tyranitar140 wrote:

~Tyran
Obviously your assumption of the rules not being enforced is wrong cause here we are.
Actually, my assumption was pretty correct. You must have failed to check the logs after all this time, because my looting was spread out over several months in which nothing was done to stop me. I was not banned until I told a former staff member about all my looting repeatedly and tried to contact you to ask for a ban. Maybe take a closer look at some chat/chest logs.

My purpose is to appeal, not argue that the server rules are poorly enforced. I really like this server, and the only reason I think I was banned this time at all is because I felt bad about looting and tried to contact you about it.

I'm not sure if what I did deserves a perm ban and I would like to come back, so could you please read the chat logs, consider my apology, and come to a final decision?

~Tyran
By Grelman
Ok, I don't ever do this, but your brazen disregard for authority just astounds me, especially as this is an "appeal". You say your purpose is to appeal the ban you brought on yourself and not argue that the server rules are poorly enforced yet the very first sentence in your latest post is arguing your opinion that they are poorly enforced because you were able to do it for so long. Even if there is one iota of truth to your assertion that if you hadnt admitted to it then you wouldnt have been banned it certainly is a strange way to go about appealing to the one person who can lift your ban by saying they don't do their job right.

For all I know this "appeal" is just another test of the system you tested before. "If I looted for months and almost got away with it I wonder if I can make the most insincere and back handed apology ever and see if I still get unbanned." It's not gonna happen.

The best thing for you to do right now if you actually want to play on MR again, is to muster up some strength and at least make it look like youre sorry for what you did and say you wont do it again. If this actually is your way of trying to say youre sorry then maybe you do deserve to never play here again.
By MindlessInsanity
Gosh. I read this, and think "how can someone be this careless about rules." and then noticed I did practically the same thing. Tyranitar, I like you, we've known each other for a long time. But dude there's other ways to get excitement than feeling like a first world anarchist.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]