Post any ban appeals or ban requests within this forum.

Should this appeal/request be accepted?

Yes
20%
No
80%
I was banned as of 2/17/15 for "xray hacking" because I mine too many diamonds. But what really happened was I got 3 diamond picks from my chest and went mining. Then I found seven diamond ore which i mined with a silk touch. Then I kept mining and found eight more ore and I mined them up. Then I thought i would place all the ore I had down and mine it with my unbreaking four fortune 3 Efficiency 4 pick to see how many diamonds I got when I was banned for "Xray hacking". I hope that I could be unbanned.

Sincerely chunky_monkey09.
By chunkymonkey09
I would also like to say that MineRealm is the best and only server I have played on for more than five minutes and I do hope you take that into consideration when deciding on my appeal.
By Tee
Well, this is a tricky one. I can see that you did indeed place down your silked ore to mine it for diamonds, but I'm not convinced that you didn't find those ores using Xray to begin with.

In the last day, you have gone on two mining trips during separate gaming sessions. On your first trip you found four diamond ore in a group [call this Location A] which you silked, took up to your base and mined three of them. You then went back down into your tunnels, found a second group of four ore [Location B] and similarly silked those, took them back to your base and mined them.

During your second mining session, you found and silked seven diamond ore in a group above a lava lake [Location C]. A few minutes later, you found a group of eight diamond ore nearby [Location D] which you silked, then placed down and mined back up, and then did the same with the seven ore from Location C. This was when the ban was triggered.

Now, on to the queries I have with your mining. Locations B and C look relatively normal to me and could have occurred during normal mining operations. At Location A though you dug steps directly down to the ore from the wall of a natural cavern, and at Location D you again dug steps directly down to the ore from the wall of Location C lava cave. I could discount either one of these in isolation as good luck, but when you have two such finds out of four ... it raises questions.

You also placed only one torch in the entire time you were mining, which leads me to question whether you are using Fullbright or a similar mod. I have my gamma brightness set as high as possible, and yet I had to place torches to navigate your tunnels. You sidetracked for iron and other ores when you found them on the side of your tunnels, so you could obviously see what was around you.

The following screenshots show the four areas, noting that I have temporarily rolled back the diamond ore for tracking purposes and placed torches for visibility.
Spoiler:
LOCATION A: Suspiciously direct route to diamond ore

Natural cavern with your stairway entrance

Stairs down

What luck! Diamond ore at the base of the staircase (stairs on left hand side)

LOCATION B: This one I can accept as normal mining

Diamond ore along the alignment of your tunnel

LOCATION C: Lava cave ... normal to find diamonds here

Nice find above a lava lake

LOCATION D: Direct route to diamond ore off side of Location C lava cave

Tunnel entrance at centre of screenshot, off the side of the lava cave shown above in Location C. Note that this is the ONLY tunnel you dug off the side of the lava cave, which is quite large.

Again, the tunnel off the side of the lava cave steps downwards to diamond ore

The natural ore at the bottom of the steps, which you silked and then placed other diamond ore down to mine it
By Rokkrwolf
After examination of everything provided and thoroughly looking over it myself, I agree 100% with Tee that you did indeed xray the diamonds. Though in the end you did place them and dig them up again is what got you caught quicker.

I have other things I can say to provide further evidence but we will leave it as is. So unless you can somehow prove you didn't, the ban stays.
By chunkymonkey09
If that's what you guys want to believe than believe it. But I can assure you the only modding i do on mine craft is with tekkit launcher. I didn't hack I found those diamonds fair and square and square. Also I had no reason to hack on your server. Also when I was mining I checked the opposite side of where the diamonds were first. I was mining and I got lucky. If you think I used hacks then I'm sorry and I know that I don't have any evidence to prove my innocence. Look you don't have to believe the truth but this it. If I was hacking why would I try so hard so get back on. If you would give me a second chance that would be pretty adult and I thank you for your time.
By cubeguy314
chunkymonkey09 wrote: Also when I was mining I checked the opposite side of where the diamonds were first. I was mining and I got lucky.
That still doesn't explain how you managed to dig straight down to diamonds twice.
By chunkymonkey09
I didn't dig straight down to diamonds. I dug steps until I found a premined area then I looked around for a while and started to dig steps again until I reached lave. Then I saw the diamonds and silked them. Later as I was finished digging the area surrounding the lava I started to dig down again. Ill also give the diamonds back to a moderator if that helps. I just want to say one last thing. I have been playing on this server for four years almost since when the server started. And I know that I don't make a very compelling case but those are the facts. Also I can see that this case isn't favored towards me so I just want to say that my time on your server was great and to thank you for letting play for so long. I mean you guys were always so welcoming and outgoing. But overall you always kept annoying hackers off the server and I want to thank you for that.
By Rokkrwolf
Note: A majority of the obsidian in the area was from staff, you will see mostly where he went due to the cobble he placed, but overall it's easy to see his paths. Also note any tunnels I show where from him digging them out, so most of them were solid prior.
Spoiler :
Here is an angle showing where the C diamonds are -

Here is where you first came down from

Before

After

From here is where you started your tunnels that lead directly to the diamonds

You went right the left leading to here where you dug a small tunnel to the next spot

Same tunnel

Result digging to the diamonds

Final Results

From here this shows you digging directly to the D diamonds. Mind you there was no break from you digging, you did a small loop around the lava a bit till you then put water making some obsidian, I'll just skip ahead unless someone finds it necessary to show but here you can see where it goes -

You can see up ahead is a solid wall

From here it gets dark he didn't use torches

Here is the final stairs case that leads to the diamonds, I left the diamonds to show where they were easier

Final Result

From there you placed the other diamonds down and dug them up again resulting in the autoban. Now I could believe it was all dumb luck if this second one was directly dug too. Not to mention there is a few other spots where you dug similar fashions directly too them.

Aside from that fact I could also argue you were xraying due to the fact as the ores you have dug up were the only ones exposed so more or less a honey trap from Orebuscator. Most diamonds are hidden, very few show when xraying and you happened to mine all the ones that could be seen with xray.

TL;DR - There is more evidence of xraying than there is dumb luck. Not to mention you did dig straight down to those diamonds and dug straight to others as well. So as you stated your facts I'm stating mine and showing them step by step where you walked.
By chunkymonkey09
Look like I said before I told you the truth. That I didn't hack and it was just luck. Also you don't have to believe it but here it is and I'm done trying to argue that. I really like this server and it's the only reason I play minecraft. So ya. This is my story and I'm sorry you don't believe me. I was really heartbroken ,if you will, that you didn't believe me at first and I still am. But no sob story is going to change that so go ahead and ban(I spelled it correctly this time) an innocent player. Um I'm sorry that I can't come back and I hope you all have a good day.

P.S. Sorry if I had any grammar mistakes.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]