Talk about absolutely anything here!
By LARDIMUS_PRIME
In the past my pc has been capable of running minecraft and recording using fraps without any issue. i have recently thrown in some upgrades doubled up the ram, a new graphics card and some more storage
it also struggles to get any decent fps when on minerealm again which was not an issue before

I have
intel core i5-3350
16gb ram
4gb geforce gtx 750ti graphics card
2x 2tb hdd internal
1x 2tb hdd external

aswell as this when i boot up the pc the keyboard doesn't get detected and have to unplug and plug it back in again sometimes 2 or 3 times.

the only conclusion i can come to is power issues, the psu is not powerful enough to run my full set up, so some of the hardware may not be running at its full capability

i have a ridiculous amount of things connected via usb
microphone, turtle beach headset, keyboard, mouse, wireless mouse, wireless keyboard, external hard drive, led strips x2.

i also have logitech speakers
2 asus 24" gaming monitors and a 49" lg tv

the psu is the standard 460w that came with my dell xps

any help would be greatly appreciated as its driving me insane
By Tee
Highly unlikely that it's your PSU - firstly because 460W will power just about any i5 system, and secondly because inadequate wattage tends to result either in crash shutdowns under high load or the magic smoke escaping (for dodgy cheap PSUs). Dell tend to use relatively decent power supplies so it's likely capable of sustained 400+ watts ... your CPU and GFX pull a combined total of 130W so plenty of headroom for drives etc.

First thing I'd check is whether you are running 64 bit Java. Open MineCraft, hit F3 and check the first line of the top right-hand info display. Mine below shows Java: 1.8.0_+25 64bit. If you're only running 32 bit then that can cause significant performance issues in MineCraft. Easily downloadable from www.java.com BUT you have to load the website using a 64 bit browser.

The keyboard issue is a bit weird though - possibly a USB device driver conflict, but it's going to be hard to diagnose given its sporadic functionality. I would make sure that it's plugged into the rear USB ports as a minimum (way less troublesome than the front ports, which connect via USB headers and rely on different drivers) and check your BIOS settings for any settings that relate to USB on startup.
By LARDIMUS_PRIME
Tee wrote:First thing I'd check is whether you are running 64 bit Java. Open MineCraft, hit F3 and check the first line of the top right-hand info display. Mine below shows Java: 1.8.0_+25 64bit. If you're only running 32 bit then that can cause significant performance issues in MineCraft. Easily downloadable from http://www.java.com BUT you have to load the website using a 64 bit browser.
I have the same java version 1.8.0_25 64bit

also i have recently been having a weird display glitch on minecraft, black lines everywhere
2016-11-12_19.38.57.png
2016-11-12_19.38.57.png (806.8 KiB) Viewed 6035 times
been playing about with it, can get good fps now around 500 when playing single player, but the second i hit record for fraps it drops to around 50 then after a couple of minute it becomes unplayable at <10 fps
By eah
Be sure your F3 screen lists your GPU and, after installing the latest graphics driver from NVIDIA, the latest driver version.

As a non-expert, next I would try restarts, fidgeting with settings in the NVIDIA control panel, looking at the bios, examining HWiNFO for anything out of the ordinary like super high temperatures, older versions of MC, and a different OS.
By Bu1ld0g
Nvidia you say? Check to make sure Nvidia gamestream is disabled. I was running BF4 at 120fps , but after updating gamestream reactivated and dropped me to around 40-50. Could be a conflict with fraps?

As for the keyboard issue. How old is the keyboard & are you running Win10 anniversary edition? I've had a fair few issues since the anniversary update with things that worked flawlessly prior.
By LARDIMUS_PRIME
the keyboard is only a couple months old.

Ive disabled nvidia gamestream, hopefully that will help

anyone got any ideas about the graphical glitch it's where the block textures aren't meeting properly and the space is being filled either by blue or black depending on the light level I'm stood in
By Bu1ld0g
Have you considered optifine? And do you still get the visual issues using other resource packs? I'm assuming that's the default shown in the screenshot?

Did you check for driver conflicts with the keyboard? little yellow exclamation marks over icons in device manager, though I bet you already know that :D
Is it a keyboard that comes with specific software like a gaming keyboard?
By LARDIMUS_PRIME
I have used optifine in the past.

The graphical glitch has only appeared in the last week. I've always used default texture pack

I may have solved the keyboard problem. It has backlighting and theres an led button to change the colour when the keyboard turns on i change the colour then the light goes off and it comes back on again if i changd the colour before it turns off and on again the keyboard seems to spazz out and not work but if i wait to change the colour till after its gone off and on again it seems to work ok. Very weird
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]