Talk about absolutely anything here!
eah wrote:Is it just me or has the brony population kind of died down?
From what I can tell it's still around, I imagine all the loud ones or trolls pretending to be finally got bored or settled down.
As they say, loudest minority sounds like the majority.
Though I'm sure there's also plenty that got bored of it or left due to the abuse it can bring.
Grelman wrote:
Well this isn't the least bit surprising but it looks like MSoft is starting to officially try to phase out Minecraft Java to push the Win10 version.

Ugh...
If Micro$oft makes Minecraft Win10 only then I'm out. Didn't like Win8/10 and I still don't. The changes that were made just seem unnecessary.
SilentCitizen wrote: -snip-
I don't really think they are going to disable anyone from playing the Java version I just think theyll go about strongly discouraging anyone from playing a version of Minecraft that isnt an official Msoft platform.

Anyway this is the sort of TLDR video detailing what all is coming/planned for 1.11
[youtube]n9Wo71qtd10[/youtube]
Grelman wrote:
SilentCitizen wrote: -snip-
I don't really think they are going to disable anyone from playing the Java version I just think theyll go about strongly discouraging anyone from playing a version of Minecraft that isnt an official Msoft platform.

Anyway this is the sort of TLDR video detailing what all is coming/planned for 1.11
[youtube]n9Wo71qtd10[/youtube]
Can I put a shulker box in a shulker box? And can I break the server by exceeding mojang's limit of 512 levels of nested compound tags in their NBT format?
I asked about bronies because I've personally thought of bronies and those that attend minecon as an odd bunch. It got be thinking about the correlation I've noticed between minecraft players and those who identify as bronies. It led me to wonder what happened to the bronies.

And on a slightly related note, is minecraft drifting away? Flowers are withering within our local neighborhood, but what about the global ecosystem?

I'm just trying to piece together the changes that are happening within a sort-of culture I'm a part of.
Yeah I think its clear that from the amount of MLP related builds on our map that there is or was a lot of bronies involved with minecraft. And from some of the videos I saw from panels at Minecon there were a lot of people in the audience with MLP related garb on, but perhaps thats less the case now? I don't know.

I also don't know specifically what is happening with minecraft at the moment. I think we can agree that it has reached the peak of its popularity and the general craze about it has died down to a dull roar. People still loosely involved with this community will notice how much interest in it has waned. However if I had to make a guess I would say that Minecraft is still popular with younger people who only want to play minigames or maps or other such gamemodes where the game engages them to a great degree, but there is less of an interest in starting new survival worlds and servers. The interest is still there I think, and I think people would be genuinely impressed with the kind of vanilla theme that Minerealm provides over some modded to death "survival" maps with start kits/easy warps/scripted trade shops which really devalue the kind of creativity that is possible by just using what the game itself presents. I would say though that the people who would appreciate this kind of gameplay are settled in their own communities which are small and somewhat private and very few would actually want to go some place completely new and start from totally nothing. But even if they did they would have no real way of hearing about minerealm.

The sad fact about our community is that it always depended on a fairly active owner/coder advocating for the server, developing it and now that his interest, or just the time he could previously dedicate to it, has declined so have our numbers. I believe that we could still be enjoying each other's company on minerealm if there was a perception that the server had renewed life. The solid 30 or so people who log in once in a while to keep their plots secure, or just to check in are evidence of that.

I know I'm never going to dedicate as much time as I used to playing minecraft but it would be nice to come on and converse or collaborate with people in the game once again. Everyone that still checks in to this forum hopes to see some people playing, some interest, they know the server is still up and running and are hoping that this is a sign that the server will experience a revival at some point. However this could only be reserved for the small period right after a major update release like 1.9. Numbers shot up for a bit, and people went away again within a week. There wasn't even that noticeable of a boost in players after 1.10 was added.

The interest of Intelli on Minerealm has acted like a measurement meter of player count, a year or ago or so I remember he was talking a lot about v5 on the server and actively online and there was a lot more people on then then there is now. And that was also a time where Mojang was finally releasing snapshots for the content they'd been working on for forever. Recently though its been what, about since 1.9 that Intelli's has any interest in the server and consequently its resulted in a steady decline in numbers weekly.

None of us can really know if this community will ever thrive again, but I guess the easy answer is no, if Intelli's activity is limited to a join once a month or less, and theres only a major Minecraft update every 6 months or longer and people have already done what they've wanted on this map and no one else hears about what Minerealm offers then yeah it'll probably never be revived to be half as active as it once was.

They were fantastic times though.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]