Talk about absolutely anything here!

How did the old man live for so long despite being starved on top of a mountain?

The world may find out one day,
13%
or it may not.
88%
By GameaBound
There was once a man from Balanlamo, a city west of the great Hambo capital. The man was a gallant knight, who slayed all manner of dragons, goblins, and domestic dogs. After defeating a large dragon, the knight begun to wonder, what is the origin of the word dragon? His curiosity got the best of him so he went on a journey to learn the origin of the word dragon. His travels brought him to the Pantalock islands, they were known for their blistering heats and freezing winters. Luckily he came to the islands in the spring, so it was quite mild.

The people of the Pantalock islands enjoyed the weather, thus they held a festival. Our gallant knight took this opportunity to ask the people if they knew the origin of the word dragon. They did not, but they did tell the man that there was a linguistics expert far to the north, in the mountains of Jeravalt.

Our hero took off, after a night of festivities. Before leaving the islands he met a young man called Garo. Garo asked the knight if the could come along, for he wanted to learn the origin of the word island. The knight agreed, and so they hired a boat and headed north. The Jeravalt mountains were distant, and the journey there was treacherous. Their ship was hit by a large wave and a large squid came aboard.

The squid asked the knight if he knew the origin of the word sea, the knight did not. Garo asked the squid if they'd like to come along with them to the Jeravalt mountains. The squid accepted his offer and they became a party of three.

Soon the boat reached land, and the knight, the squid, and Garo gathered their belongings and begun the journey towards the mountains. A small village sat at the foot of the highest peak, and there our heroes gathered supplies and rested for a night.

The knight had a heroic dream, even in his dreams he defeated villains. Garo dreamt of a cozy life, resting in his island paradise. The squid did not dream. The heroes awoke in the early hours of the morning, and it wasn't long before they began their climb. They knew their destinies awaited at the top of the mountain.

The squid could not climb, and perished low down the mountain. Garo was not built for such a dangerous quest, and perished half-way up the mountain. The gallant knight in his shimmering armour reached the peak without exerting the slightest bit of effort.

A small hut sat at the very top of the mountain, the knight entered to see an old man sitting inside. The old man was starved, but the knight offered him some bread, and he accepted. The old man asked what brought the knight to his humble hut. The knight asked the old man, "what is the origin of the word dragon." and the old man said, "it comes from the word draconem, which is Latin for huge serpent" The gallant knight understood, and descended down the mountain, travelled past the small mountain village, past the great sea, past the Pantalock islands, and back to Balanlamo.

As he entered the city walls, that was when he wondered to himself, "what's the origin of the word origin?".

THE END

By dlgn
One, HOLY CRAP YOU'RE BACK WELCOME BACK WE'VE MISSED YOU.

Two, nice story. Very quaint.
By eah
dlgn wrote:One, HOLY CRAP YOU'RE BACK WELCOME BACK WE'VE MISSED YOU.

I read it and thought it was just the visions of a mad person.

Or did I miss the moral of the story? Or is the moral of the story the fact that there is none and it's supposed to leave you with a sense of emptiness within vast unknowns? Or is it about the ongoing quest for knowledge and only the gallant-iest of us can reach it? Seems we'd all be happier if authors would just state their intentions. Is that the moral?

I've never been very good at literary analysis.
By dlgn
eah wrote:
dlgn wrote:One, HOLY CRAP YOU'RE BACK WELCOME BACK WE'VE MISSED YOU.

I read it and thought it was just the visions of a mad person.

Or did I miss the moral of the story? Or is the moral of the story the fact that there is none and it's supposed to leave you with a sense of emptiness within vast unknowns? Or is it about the ongoing quest for knowledge and only the gallant-iest of us can reach it? Seems we'd all be happier if authors would just state their intentions. Is that the moral?

I've never been very good at literary analysis.
Nothing so complicated. It just seemed like a parody of a traditional fantasy tale. It's like the traditional tale, except the goals are ridiculous and it's absurdly condensed, and yet it has a simple silly charm to it.
By GameaBound
The moral is if you find up an old forum and can't think of what to post, just do the first thing that comes to mind.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]