Talk about absolutely anything here!
By Life_is_a_party
I don't know if you found a solution yet but I'll throw in a few things I've used.

First a question: Were you originally just running on the grace period?
You should be able to type slmgr -rearm into command prompt to reactive windows grace period for a month. You can do this only 3 times, for a total of 120 days.
Not a permanent solution, but should give you more time to find a proper key.

If you really need more time, or just want to go to extreme lengths to get free activation, there's a method I haven't tried that involves regedit and extends the rearm uses up to 12 total, giving 360 days total. Let me know if you want that info as it's a little more complex than opening command prompt and typing something in and thus makes it easy to mess up your computer if you edit the wrong registry key.

Also, did you make sure to actually active the windows key after installing? You should have had a product key like XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX that came with the cd that you should have been required to use at installation to active windows.
If you somehow didn't and still have the product key somewhere, follow the instructions at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... o-activate to properly use it. May be worth trying again even if you already tried used the key.
Installing software that promises software keys or buying software keys directly is highly not recommended. Most legal, working software keys come with the physical copy (CD) (or computer's box if already installed on the PC) of the windows software or is emailed to you after downloading a digital copy.
If you get your product key from someone who isn't a trusted retailer, you're basically letting someone else hold onto the physical copy of your product key. That may both cause you problems and cost you money.

Third, if you think someone is using a keylogger or using a sort of virus or hacks to get your product key, I recommend running an antivirus software to check your computer. If you don't have one already, Malwarebytes has worked wonders for me, and is free to use.

Finally, how old is the computer? Some computers may not support widows 7 and could cause problems with it, failing hardware can also cause this. If you think this may be the issue, bring it in to a retailer you trust to look at it for you, most checks are free but without coverage will likely cost a bit to have them fix any issues.

If all else fails, I guess taking anything you want to keep and putting it on a Flash Drive (or 10) to transfer it and then upgrading to windows 10 and then using those Flash's to replace it would somewhat work, depending on what your saving. You can usually get a good size Flash Drive for about 20 bucks (128 GB).

Best of luck, let me know if any of this helps.
By FrostyBirth
Life_is_a_party wrote:
First a question: Were you originally just running on the grace period?
You should be able to type slmgr -rearm into command prompt to reactive windows grace period for a month. You can do this only 3 times, for a total of 120 days.
Not a permanent solution, but should give you more time to find a proper key.
I did rearm, but I was only able to use one. Not sure why that happened.
Life_is_a_party wrote: Also, did you make sure to actually active the windows key after installing? You should have had a product key like XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX that came with the cd that you should have been required to use at installation to active windows.
If you somehow didn't and still have the product key somewhere, follow the instructions at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... o-activate to properly use it. May be worth trying again even if you already tried used the key.
I've tried that, it gives me an error when inputing my key. I tried calling them but they said they couldn't do anything to help me and tried to get me to purchase Windows 10.

If you could send me that method, that would be great. Since this has happened, my computer has slowed right the hell down for no reason. Probably something Microsoft has done to try to get people to buy genuine copies. At least with that extra time, I can try to figure something out.
By Life_is_a_party
FrostyBirth wrote: I've tried that, it gives me an error when inputing my key. I tried calling them but they said they couldn't do anything to help me and tried to get me to purchase Windows 10.

If you could send me that method, that would be great. Since this has happened, my computer has slowed right the hell down for no reason. Probably something Microsoft has done to try to get people to buy genuine copies. At least with that extra time, I can try to figure something out.
This video explains how to extend the grace period reactivation pretty well.
Just make sure you follow the steps exactly and make sure you edit only the right key. Also, be sure to create a system restore point before you make any edits to registry keys. Here's how to make a restore point.

Also, I'm pretty sure having your product key expire on windows 7 shouldn't cause any sort of performance issues. The only times I've heard of that happening with the failing product key was due to corrupt files or failing hardware. I've seen once seen a Trojan help cause these issues, but most of the time it was just the age of the computer.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft ... ace_period
In Windows Vista SP1, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2, after a grace period of 30 days (60 days for Windows Server 2008), the operating system will add a text message in the bottom-right hand corner of the screen stating that the copy of Windows in question is not valid, set the desktop background to black, allow only critical and security updates to be downloaded from Windows Update and give periodic reminders to activate the operating system. However, the operating system otherwise functions normally.
First I recommend checking your system with the anti-malware software I recommended or an antivirus you know works (or both!) to make sure nothing is causing the issue and after, if the problem isn't fixed, it might not hurt to run Check disk (chkdsk) to see if anything is wrong. The latter will take much longer and will take even longer (up to a full day) if any errors are found so running it overnight is recommended. Here's how to run check disk. I still recommend making a restore point before running it just to be safe, however it shouldn't cause any problems.

Sorry for the long notes and buncha links, I don't know how much you know about computers so I'm trying to make sure I keep everything step by step.

Again, let me know how things go. I'll do my best to keep helping should none of this work.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]