Talk about absolutely anything here!
By Bu1ld0g
Not sure if everyone is just Minecrafted out or other reasons mentioned in other posts.
Sad to see it die but what can you do?
*cough, re-open the wild, lift mob caps, wipe public land, give us new blocks... *cough

Looks like an average of 2-4 players with people logging in every now & then.

By x998monsterx
I'm sorry but I totally disagree with this all.

We all have the power to make a difference. Believing the server is dead will just mean you won't bother to play. Rather than just logging in every so often for plots not to disband, people should stay on. You might be surprised.

If we all start playing again, or stay online for a duration you may meet new people, make new friends or talk to old veterans. This is coming from experience. I thought the server was dead, and that there was nothing to do. But, in the last few weeks I have met some great people and got back into MineRealm again. I joined Arcane and generally have started having fun again.

The reason you may think the server is dead is not because of Intelli and no V5. The reason is us. You may argue there is nothing to do, or you are bored. Don't be. There is plenty of public land and opportunities to take. The big thing with Minecraft is that the possibilities are endless, you can literally build anything.

So please, if your complaining the server is dead, join back. I know I'm active, I certainly see the same people online everyday and speak to them. We all have the power to make a difference.
By TechnoProdigy
x998monsterx wrote:

The reason you may think the server is dead is not because of Intelli and no V5..
Nah, the server is dead because a large portion of the dedicated playerbase got banned for one reason or another.
By legokrin
TechnoProdigy wrote:Nah, the server is dead because a large portion of the dedicated playerbase got banned for one reason or another.
Entirely not true, they're just in hibernation for next v5.
Most of dedicated players are just gone, not banned.
By TechnoProdigy
legokrin wrote:
TechnoProdigy wrote:Nah, the server is dead because a large portion of the dedicated playerbase got banned for one reason or another.
Ah, yes, because I'm sure banning swaths of people (including yours truly) for going to theserverthatshallnotbenamed definitely had no effect on the playerbase.

Nope, none whatsoever.
By dlgn
TechnoProdigy wrote:
legokrin wrote:
Ah, yes, because I'm sure banning swaths of people (including yours truly) for going to theserverthatshallnotbenamed definitely had no effect on the playerbase.

Nope, none whatsoever.
I'm not defending Intelli here, I highly disagree with how he dealt with the TF scandal, but this was immediately followed by operation OP which grew the server enormously. What's more, many players simply appealed and came back. It didn't start to shrink until later.
By TechnoProdigy
dlgn wrote:
TechnoProdigy wrote:
legokrin wrote:

Nope, none whatsoever.
I'm not defending Intelli here, I highly disagree with how he dealt with the TF scandal, but this was immediately followed by operation OP which grew the server enormously. What's more, many players simply appealed and came back. It didn't start to shrink until later.
Well, yeah. Operation OP brought in tons of new players, none of which stayed for very long, meanwhile, the old regulars who appealed (not all of them did) came back but I'd be willing to be quite a few of them felt pretty turned off from Minerealm because of it.

I know I did. I still enjoy it here, just trying to explain why I feel the playerbase has shrunk so badly.
By dlgn
TechnoProdigy wrote:
dlgn wrote:
TechnoProdigy wrote:
legokrin wrote:

Nope, none whatsoever.
Well, yeah. Operation OP brought in tons of new players, none of which stayed for very long, meanwhile, the old regulars who appealed (not all of them did) came back but I'd be willing to be quite a few of them felt pretty turned off from Minerealm because of it.

I know I did. I still enjoy it here, just trying to explain why I feel the playerbase has shrunk so badly.
I'm pretty sure that a lot of people stayed after Operation OP, but I don't have any way of verifying that. In any case, I don't think that that alone can explain how much MineRealm has shrunk. It's probably just that people have been playing for a long time and done everything, some teenage users like me have gone into college and have less time (or have less time for other reasons), Minecraft itself didn't get updated for a while, and once activity started to decrease everything snowballed.
By Bu1ld0g
Unannounced mob caps and "that achievement" did nothing to help the playerbase.
Most of us found ways around it but a fair few left because of it and the mist.
It is what it is, no point throwing blame around.

As it stands I can't see the server recovering. Community is what makes a server, and this one is currently broken and stuck with a 2.5 year old map with no expansion.
By eah
[youtube]aBkTkxKDduc[/youtube]

All I am certain of is how I felt when I started playing. I will never experience it again, but at least I did. So, thank you.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]