Talk about absolutely anything here!
By MindlessInsanity
krinbros wrote:Well, pretty sure the wage gap is a problem, and a valid one at that. And a lot of rapists in general, ones who have raped men and women usually get out because of the legal system, so, there's problems but I'm sure with a few more reforms those issues can be dealt with. Just depends on who's running the show I guess. Feel the bern.
Sanders is a joke, and the wage gap is a joke, and the justice system in the US is a joke. What they did is take all the wages of men and women and put them up side by side. Men make more because they take up the harder, dangerous and higher paying jobs than women do.The problem with rape accusations is that is really just goes down to whose word do you believe. And of course, people will typically believe that a man is guilty, just because that's the social norm.
By Eetrab
MindlessInsanity wrote:
krinbros wrote:Well, pretty sure the wage gap is a problem, and a valid one at that. And a lot of rapists in general, ones who have raped men and women usually get out because of the legal system, so, there's problems but I'm sure with a few more reforms those issues can be dealt with. Just depends on who's running the show I guess. Feel the bern.
Sanders is a joke, and the wage gap is a joke, and the justice system in the US is a joke. What they did is take all the wages of men and women and put them up side by side. Men make more because they take up the harder, dangerous and higher paying jobs than women do.The problem with rape accusations is that is really just goes down to whose word do you believe. And of course, people will typically believe that a man is guilty, just because that's the social norm.
I guess we're building new rails to somewhere else?

You're right that the wage gap can be misrepresented, but there still is a real wage gap between men and women doing the same job for the same hours. I remember this being something around 5%. It is very true that men and women take different jobs for a host of different reasons, but don't dismiss the wage gap simply because if this. Looking at the factors that cause men and women to take on different jobs can reveal a lot about social norms (and biological tendencies but we're going far too deep for a this type of forum).

I'd like to know why you think Sanders is a joke, or where that even came from. What political positions of his do you disagree with?
By Markman2001
MindlessInsanity wrote:
Stop... Just stop.

If this is something you want to talk about, do it somewhere other than on a thread that was originally talking about a page found on reddit.
By Markman2001
Eetrab wrote:
Markman2001 wrote:I tried to re-rail this thread.

I tried my best.
People went too far. There's no track left.

This thread right now.
By dlgn
And Amanda Todd killed herself because she brought it on herself. Flashing her female parts on the web to get attention.
are you fricking kidding me

You sound like people who say women are "asking for" rape when they wear "revealing" clothing.
Sanders is a joke, and the wage gap is a joke, and the justice system in the US is a joke. What they did is take all the wages of men and women and put them up side by side. Men make more because they take up the harder, dangerous and higher paying jobs than women do.
Feel however you want about Bernie Sanders, but keep this in mind about the wage gap:

1. It changes when you look at men and women in the same positions—but the fact that women are often strongly encouraged to go into certain types of work and discouraged from others are part of the reason the wage gap exists, not a reason why it doesn't. Seriously, the type of harassment women often get in high-paying fields like engineering is ridiculous. Here's an analysis.

2. "Different positions" are sometimes effectively the same except when it comes to pay. For example, a company might promote a man to Junior Manager and a woman to Assistant Junior Manager, and pay them differently while having them do the same thing. For this reason, a brute force comparative analysis is insufficient.

3. Even if you take the two things above into account, the wage gap still doesn't disappear entirely.
The problem with rape accusations is that is really just goes down to whose word do you believe. And of course, people will typically believe that a man is guilty, just because that's the social norm.
The social norm? Statistically speaking, false rape accusations are ridiculously rare. See this estimation published by the Enliven Project. While exact numbers are difficult to find for obvious reasons, it's clear that this epidemic of false rape accusations many people are afraid of is a myth.

Furthermore, it really isn't the general social norm (although you can probably find subcultures where it is). Hell, it's so far to the opposite that googling "believing rape victims" will give you a bunch of articles about why people don't, from former US Representative Akin who talked about "legitimate rape" to this judge who decided it was okay to rape prostitutes because he didn't like them to a police department that essentially brainwashed a traumatized woman into believing her rape had never happened and punished her for lying, then found the rapist a year later.

But all this aside, why the heck are you talking about this? Who brought it up? It's like you meant to post to The Red Pill or Return of Kings but somehow ended up here instead. This is not at all a good place to discuss this sort of thing.
By BSGSamuel
Bonejunky wrote:How about we burn the earth to a crisp? Without life there will be no politics or even problems in general.
Finally, someone with solutions rather than opinions and problems. :)
By eah
Bonejunky wrote:How about we burn the earth to a crisp? Without life there will be no politics or even problems in general.
It seems your wish will come true. *cough* global warming *cough* some progress has been made *cough* but it's still pretty bad *cough* all this smog *cough*
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]