Talk about absolutely anything here!
By Rick
eah wrote:The entire currency system should be overhauled. It's not ideal or realistic to have players dig out an entire plot just so they can buy more. The efficiency enchant should be banned too.

Intelli did say he wanted to "bring minecraft back to its roots." I can't imagine a better way to do that.
What would be your solution to the credit system then if not for digging?
By eah
Rick wrote:
eah wrote:The entire currency system should be overhauled. It's not ideal or realistic to have players dig out an entire plot just so they can buy more. The efficiency enchant should be banned too.

Intelli did say he wanted to "bring minecraft back to its roots." I can't imagine a better way to do that.
No currency. You protect land through some existing game mechanic like by setting up a beacon and the more diamond blocks that are part of the pyramid, the more land it protects. You could add other ways to protect land so that the players are not so focussed on producing beacons and diamonds.
By Legit_Neymar
eah wrote:
Rick wrote:

No currency. You protect land through some existing game mechanic like by setting up a beacon and the more diamond blocks that are part of the pyramid, the more land it protects. You could add other ways to protect land so that the players are not so focussed on producing beacons and diamonds.
I think removing the efficiency enchant is a bit far. It's adding into the game helps with gathering of the materials we need for builds much faster.
By MindlessInsanity
I think eah's idea is absurd. Needing such things as a beacon to protect land rather than a non physical item that can be obtained by actually playing the game is unnecessary. There's other can be other ways to get money that isn't absurd, or completely abolishing them all together.
By Bu1ld0g
eah wrote:You protect land through some existing game mechanic like by setting up a beacon and the more diamond blocks that are part of the pyramid, the more land it protects. You could add other ways to protect land so that the players are not so focussed on producing beacons and diamonds.
So MCMMO then...

Iron block - 5 block radius protection
Gold block - 15 block radius protection
Dia block - 30 block radius protection.

While were at it lets add the lumberjack mod and the replant mod too.

intelli has already stated he has a new mechanic in place for the economy.
eah wrote:The efficiency enchant should be banned too.
Haha... no...
By MindlessInsanity
Bu1ld0g wrote:
eah wrote:You protect land through some existing game mechanic like by setting up a beacon and the more diamond blocks that are part of the pyramid, the more land it protects. You could add other ways to protect land so that the players are not so focussed on producing beacons and diamonds.
So MCMMO then...

Iron block - 5 block radius protection
Gold block - 15 block radius protection
Dia block - 30 block radius protection.

While were at it lets add the lumberjack mod and the replant mod too.

intelli has already stated he has a new mechanic in place for the economy.
eah wrote:The efficiency enchant should be banned too.
Haha... no...
Bul1ld0g wrote:intelli has already stated he has a new mechanic in place for the economy.
Holy spaghetti noodles. Also minefactory is a cool mod. Though does make the game too easy. Though less tedious. That's the problem with vanilla, too much tedious work, not enough fun stuff. Especially if you're like me and only mine cause you suck at building.
By Bu1ld0g
The other factor here is community, leaving the server to rot like it is is doing more damage than good.
Will players even come back? Time will tell, but the longer it's left the lower the chances.

Also I just finished Witcher 3 the other week and now Metal Gear Solid V is out, doubt I'll be playing minecraft for a while.
By eah
Bu1ld0g wrote: intelli has already stated he has a new mechanic in place for the economy.
And that is precisely how I imagine it to be. The majority of people playing MC are kids and the majority of kids don't like command line interfaces. Let's face it: commands are lame. It's a much more enjoyable experience to interact naturally with a land protection system - and that's what the currency system is for. Using credits for trade is a perk that could otherwise be accomplished through exchanging item for item - which is how minerealm worked before credits came around.

Intelli could have easily added a /warp or /tp command and charge you for the distance traveled. He added iron transit tubes instead. It's a step in the right direction.

Speaking of mods, I wonder whether it would be a good idea for minerealm to go off the vanilla track. Minerealm appealed to me because I was playing with lots of people on one server, but it might not be enough. I wouldn't agree to mr requiring a client mod because nobody will bother to download it to play on one server, but a lot can be done with bukkit plugins.
By Bu1ld0g
If you remove the credit system, or at least the credits people have acquired AND start a clean map you won't find any of the older players coming back.
By Meowrocket
If it did swap over to using beacons as protection I would just straight up quit then and there because some of us don't have an eternity to pour into the server to claim summat 10 blocks. I like having credits and I like using said credits for purchases.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]