Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Is a whitelist a good idea?

Yes
25%
No
60%
Undecided
15%
I don’t care
No votes
0%
By staresblankly
I'm against the whitelist too. Cutting off the new blood would be a bad idea, and I rather put up with greifers galore than have the server waste away to nothing. I mean, think about the donations! The current regulars might not be able to fork up enough cash often enough to keep this server going. With a whitelist, you only would have people leaving the server.
By mastertegm
I hate the idea of a whitelist. Minerealm will pretty much stop getting new members if we have one, and I just really dont want one. Griefing is a part of Minecraft, just deal with it.
By jamesdstark
I got bored waiting to get on all these servers that require whitelist. That's how I ended up here, because I didn't have to go through hoops just to start playing. So far, I've had the least griefing problems here of any server. People hate being griefed, but it's part of the game, and adds another danger element.
By Gamnrd
K I changed my mind I think a whitelist would be good. We have alot of people in our comunity and griefer won't bother with whitelisted servers which would make it safer to build. Last night I lost weeks of work because of one asshole griefer & I'm now finding it hard to motivate myself on big projects knowing that weeks of work take minutes to destroy.
By cerevox
Whitelists are bad. And Intelli is not likley to go for one, seing as he has said multiple times that this is a public server, and public servers don't have white lists.
By Intelli
cerevox wrote:Whitelists are bad. And Intelli is not likley to go for one, seing as he has said multiple times that this is a public server, and public servers don't have white lists.
Correct.
Locking this thread - we are never, ever, switching to a whitelist =]
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]