Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.
By Sharingan616
So I've been thinking about this plugin for a while and I think I've got the basic concept down. Here's what the command would look like:

/report [player] [reason]

example:

/report Spritzo greifing

By saying this, a "report" would be sent from the server to the website on a certain page, where it will be listed with all other reports. Here's an example of a small report list:

This plugin would be useful if any mods or admins are browsing the forums and happen to check the report list before leaving the site. They can then come online quickly and kick/ban the person who is causing trouble.

The list would also be useful because it lets the admins and mods see who is reported more than once. In this example, Spritzo is reported four times by four different people, while he reported me once for an indescribable reason. It is easy to see that most people believe that Spritzo is griefing. One of the main issues with griefers is that you need proof to ban them. A lot of people don't have time to take screenshots or don't know how when the crime is committed. With the report system, many people can report the same person, letting the admins see that there were many witnesses to the crime. After seeing this, it would be up to admins to ban the accused or not, even though there is no evidence. They would kinda have to act like a jury.

Or what they could do is disable the player's building permissions. After the user logs in, a message like this would be displayed:

"Your building permissions have been disabled due to multiple accusations of you commiting an act against the rules. To regain your building permissions, you must appeal at http://minerealm.com.

This message would be displayed every time they tried to place or break a block.
Then they could appeal their case if they wanted to build again.

I think this plugin, along with the report and building permission system, would help with greifers and rule breakers a lot. The report information could also be stored as well, so if an admin wanted to know more about a player they'd just have to look at their report record.

Hopefully you guys take this suggestion into consideration.

-Shar
By kerovon
I would be leery of the ability to remove building suspicions if it is done wrong. If its just x number of accusations, a griefer can get x of his friends, and have them vote to remove everyone.

However, what might work (though this has a bit of a whiff of whitelist about it) is to have trusted normal players, and if say 5 all report someone, give them a temp 12 hour ban or something, or until a mod checks it out. This might help provide some coverage for the times when no mods are on.

The problem with this is that it requires a trusted player list, which needs to be maintained, and seems an awful lot like a partial whitelist, which can be horrible for a server.
By Sharingan616
kerovon wrote:I would be leery of the ability to remove building suspicions if it is done wrong. If its just x number of accusations, a griefer can get x of his friends, and have them vote to remove everyone.
This would not be possible, because an admin would have to ban the people personally. I'm not saying that after x amount of reports the user is banned, I'm saying the admin would see how many times the user was reported, and then based on the number of times and the people who reported him, the admin can decide to disallow building rights for the user. Not ban.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]