Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
72%
No
28%
I don't think it is necessary, but to me i see no point in saying no, I don't see how it can make you unhappy. If you don't like it then don't use it. Of course if this gets rejected we still have the lava , but some people might want things that people burn. I voted yes simply because i don't see how it can effect anybody on the server, Unless u get mad that people can throw away items in trade.
Dilsifprosif1 wrote:I don't think it is necessary, but to me i see no point in saying no, I dont see how it can make you unhappy. If you don't like it then don't use it. Of course if this gets rejected we still have the lava , but some people might want things that people burn. I voted yes simply because i don't see how it can effect anybody on the server, Unless u get mad that people can throw away items in trade.
Trade has never been, still isn't and never will be a place for people to dispose of items. The clue is in the name.
By Meowrocket
TornadicManiac wrote:Trade has never been, still isn't and never will be a place for people to dispose of items. The clue is in the name.
Exactly. Back when I played more, I built a huge new storehouse to store the garbage I'd find in the free chest. Dirt, rotten flesh (A decent food source if you own cows, mind you) little tiny bits of cobble and bones. I was always disgusted at how many people used trade to dispose of basically worthless items just so they could go without the 'inconvenience' of an inventory slot taken by a bucket of lava, or even wandering to a pre-set hole to burn it all. Trade is for trading. We don't have a location called /trash, so just do it yourself.

P.S. Thanks for all the rotten flesh, it was delicious.
Have people forgotten how useful Flint and steel is? I never leave homebase without one...

Seriously though a disposal at trade is not needed EVER. Trade should not be looked at as a "Drop-and-Dash" place. You have a few ways that are MOBILE that can be used to get rid of trash items.

Like a few have pointed out you have lava as one: Make a hole and dump it in.
Then there is my method which I'm surprised no one mentioned: Flint and Steel

I mean, come on. If you can't find flint, that's just sad. As for Iron... I'm looking at all the Iron farms out there. >_>
By eah
I think the game needs a destroy item slot in the inventory. The quickest way to remove an item is to just throw it out, but it's still there until it despawns. It seems silly. The items are gone whether it's via item slot or via despawn, but one method is instantaneous and another takes 5 minutes and is kind of hacky.

Essentially, a garbage shoot at trade would be the same as a destroy item slot. It would provide a benefit without having a big impact on our sacred vanilla flavor. All trade needs is 2 cacti beside the free trade chest.

If you're afraid of people taking items out of the free trade chest and throwing it in the trash, what's stopping from doing that now? If someone's really that mischievous, they would have derived the idea on their own, took the items out, tp'd out of trade, and did whatever with them.
By Grelman
eah wrote:If you're afraid of people taking items out of the free trade chest and throwing it in the trash, what's stopping from doing that now?.
Exactly, people have been using trade chest as a public dumpster for years now I think its great that this has been adopted since it discourages people from dumping their worthless junk into the trade chest and rather into a disposal system. This then leaves more room in the trade chest for things people might actually find usefull, nearly broken iron or diamond gear with no enchants or enchants they dont want, or simply an item they have too much of, cant really sell and they would like to distribute like plantable food.
This does more good than bad. Sure, trade isn't meant to be a dumping ground, but it's been used that way since it started. Better trash goes to trash than trade's chest. We could have a /dump but what's the point in that if we can just add a cactus + iron bar? Thanks for implementing this.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]