Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
47%
No
53%
I imagine this is going to get shot down quite quickly but no harm in trying.

I think this should be done away with, the rules for years were a plot disbands after 30 days then anyone can buy it this never really caused any issues so why change also the unofficial 2 week rule on items. I personally felt this old way of working things was better.

So to explain what i am asking for, that we can buy plots freely again without the hassle of applications and waiting for response. If this is to be implimented then for the "2 week rule" to become an actual rule. So a plot is protected for 1 month from last log in, items and blocks are protected for a further 2 weeks. Anything after that is fair game.

Thanks
~LARDIMUS
I'd argue for the exact opposite. So many people come on very occasionally (such as me), waiting for the server to experience a critical mass. It would be a shame if we all lost our plots to a small group of players who still go on regularly.
dlgn wrote:I'd argue for the exact opposite. So many people come on very occasionally (such as me), waiting for the server to experience a critical mass. It would be a shame if we all lost our plots to a small group of players who still go on regularly.
you wouldn't lose your plots unless you were inactive for over a month as it is now, just the removal of the plot application form is what I am suggesting and that looting of disbanded plots be allowed
Hate to burst your bubble, but I don't see the application process being removed anytime soon if ever.

Now for something a little more concerning in your comment...
LARDIMUS_PRIME wrote:looting of disbanded plots be allowed
Even with the application process in place people have tried to use it just for what you are wanting here. They eventually got caught and punished for it. Why would looting be allowed in this situation when it was never allowed before? Nothing personal man, but this doesn't seem right...

Here is just one example I was able to find real quick as to what could possibly happen if the Plot Purchase Application was removed, and looting of public land (even if builds exist) was allowed.

http://www.minerealm.com/community/view ... =7&t=13329

Granted the example is from 2013, but still serves its purpose.

With many players over the years coming and going, plots disbanding and remaining disbanded for players who don't return, are we to say that any items they collected can never be used by another player, how much time must pass before those items can be used by other players, within a limited world there are limited items if for example and this is an extreme example a player collected every single block of dirt then left the server when would it be ok to take those items, there needs to be some time period in which players items are no longer protected some people who have left the server may never return are those items essentially lost forever where no other player can use them? i understand there is no looting i have been on the server a long time but if no one is allowed to use the items that have been horded by a player who has left the server with no intention to return those items are then out of circulation for the rest of the population of the server.
In regard to the link you posted maybe some sort of "vacation" setting for players who are going to be away for more than a month where an admin makes it so their plots are protected for the amount of time required and as soon as they come back online their 30 day clock begins again.

Edit: also if i were to leave the server with no intention of returning i would want someone else to find use of all my items that i have collected someone new to the server or with less riches than myself, i have taken time off in the past and plots disbanded, fairly sure some items went missing but i was gone for months on end and had no issue that someone else had found use for them
The application form was introduced for good reasons. It allows staff to easily see who bought what plot and why. It also allows the player to not need to fear some decision that makes him/her sell back a plot to the previous owner because of whatever issues there may be.
I know of a case which wasn't solved for about a year (back when there was no application form yet), it's not funny.

About the looting, I sometimes got permission to take whatever there was while in other cases I needed to keep the items safe. It's not like all items are untouchable forever. If it was loads and loads of dirt stored on the plot you might just get permission to use it. If it's valuables, you most likely will need to store them away for an unknown amount of time.
Since you are buying plots because you want the LAND, it should not be a problem, right?
Permissions won't be given to people who want the items as far as I know.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]