Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
67%
No
33%
By macrofeet
Don't expect anything from suggesting, but I'll suggest them because you never know

1/ How about reinstating 1 extra spawn area in/near Roanoke so that new players can have a chance to own a spawn plot, vanilla traveling the world map to Roanoke is far, what's the worst that could happen ?

2/ Rather than a completely new map what about multiverse instead of Roanoke having a 2nd spawn in the 2nd new world?

So the Suggestion is: Add a 2nd Spawn Area Somehow, that new people can build up and people who log in every 29 days but worked hard to get spawn plots wont be affected.

By Grelman
I appreciate your interest in bettering the community, but this really isnt going to happen. The first reason is that v4 is a mostly abandoned map by this point, and if any decent amount of people are going to be playing on minerealm in the future its going to be on the new v5 server, if and when it comes out, with completely new map. v4 is done with and doesnt really warrant taking any more time or effort to try and change drastically.

Whats more is that Intelli has let it been known that his plans for v5 is to have various spawn cities spread throughout the map that are guild controlled. I like this idea much better than having one main spawn where every plot is just a mishmash of inconsistent build styles, unfinished projects, or really old builds that have been around for years untouched. If a powerful guild is able to have their own spawn city they can create the entire thing however they want. One or two themes can be followed consistently and it won't look like a mess. And also, no one can complain about what their respective spawn point looks like because they have a say in what goes there. Sorry if that kinda turned into a rant about having central spawn.

Anyway, this kind of thing has been suggested before when there were actually more than 10 people active during the day and the suggestion never went anywhere and now, its even less warranted. The v4 map/server just isnt worth taking the time to change anymore.

P.S. I dont really understand what you meant with your second point.
By MindlessInsanity
Love how so many players hate modpacks but will lose interest in vanilla and only come back when a small change is made. It's like Apple and them majority of iPhone users. I want the community back but apparently V4 has fallen to crap. Oh well.
By eah
It might be better to call them warp points (as in "points you can warp to at any time") since, traditionally, "multiple spawn points" were actually the points at which you spawned when you first joined and, to travel to a different spawn point, I recall you needed to walk there. Multiple spawn points was abandoned probably in part because newbies who spawned at different spawn points couldn't meet up without walking long distances. Of course, it's always great to force players to walk because it makes location and distance and time relevant (whereas if you could warp with a command, they become irrelevant), but warp points provide the benefits outlined by Grelman.

As well, if a new map is to be used, I would hope you consider allowing access to the old map, possibly on the same IP using something like BungeeCord.
By Bu1ld0g
MindlessInsanity wrote:Love how so many players hate modpacks but will lose interest in vanilla and only come back when a small change is made.
Love it or hate it, this is why DLC works. Fresh content released at intervals to hold player base interest.
It's the same with Minecraft, regular updates kept things feeling fresh.
The length of time between the last few updates has had a negative impact on the server. We've explored and built everything. There's little left to do. And being a persistent world people got bored and moved on.

Back on topic though. Great idea but the server is dead. It desperately needs kicking back to life!

Hopefully 1.9 is just around the corner & intelli gets v5 up as soon as possible.

I also hope v4 is kept as an accessible world, I still have work left to do but dead chat kills the fun.
By MindlessInsanity
Bu1ld0g wrote:Love it or hate it, this is why DLC works. Fresh content released at intervals to hold player base interest.
It's the same with Minecraft, regular updates kept things feeling fresh.
No really m8?

I really hate how easy it is to manipulate the human mind. Reading into all this psycology lately and on the inside I always knew to some degree businesses used psychology to make profit, but never to such a huge sale. Take anything really. Freemium games (as I've mentioned in the past) make you feel good for beating levels, offer perks to make a frusterating level into child's play. All for a dollar or so. Again, again, again, and again.
By macrofeet
I appreciate your interest in bettering the community, but this really isnt going to happen. The first reason is that v4 is a mostly abandoned map by this point, and if any decent amount of people are going to be playing on minerealm in the future its going to be on the new v5 server, if and when it comes out, with completely new map. v4 is done with and doesnt really warrant taking any more time or effort to try and change drastically.

Whats more is that Intelli has let it been known that his plans for v5 is to have various spawn cities spread throughout the map that are guild controlled. I like this idea much better than having one main spawn where every plot is just a mishmash of inconsistent build styles, unfinished projects, or really old builds that have been around for years untouched. If a powerful guild is able to have their own spawn city they can create the entire thing however they want. One or two themes can be followed consistently and it won't look like a mess. And also, no one can complain about what their respective spawn point looks like because they have a say in what goes there. Sorry if that kinda turned into a rant about having central spawn.

Anyway, this kind of thing has been suggested before when there were actually more than 10 people active during the day and the suggestion never went anywhere and now, its even less warranted. The v4 map/server just isnt worth taking the time to change anymore.

P.S. I dont really understand what you meant with your second point.
I think massive misconception about v4 being dead I like playing on the current map Everyday with quite few other people, it seems slightly up beat recently its better than playing single player even with millionaire mod, a few people have returned recently but a problem is that active players are spread out between inactive plots/players which is why I thought of suggesting a 2nd spawn area.

Minerealm has had 3 spawn points in the past, the spawn area seems developed a lot of old players semi quit so adding a new spawn area on the current map would be like adding a 2nd capital city places like Roanoke or possibly Abysuss are slightly wasted currently.

Multiverse is/was a mod for a bukkit server which allows you to have multiple maps on a single server. (A player can switch between maps for example /world1 /world2) The current mod I think is multiverse 2, not sure if its compatible with spigot, but it is likely that there is a workable mod for world switching with spigot if multiverse 2 is not compatible, the drawback would be this mod would increase server load, which might have been why/if it was suggested before that it was rejected however as there is less people active currently it wont be horrendous lag and one of the worlds could be removed/retired fairly easily.

So if a 2nd clean map was added /world2 it would effectively add a 2nd point in which new players/killed players on that world could spawn (spawn on either map /world1 /world2 depending on the world you are currently active on).

On /world2 no plots would be owned to start with so new people/current people actually playing could build up a new spawn area on 2nd map and still have access to the current map via /world1 which they are very unlikely to have a chance at owning a spawn plot.

Advantages of multi world
New clean map to build on keeping resources and credits from world 1 (transferable or not) for active players with access to current map and new map, nothing is lost, Might draw some people back who currently just log to keep plots

Disadvantages
Might cause lag + Other hidden issues
By Tee
macrofeet wrote:New clean map to build on keeping resources and credits from world 1 (transferable or not) for active players with access to current map and new map, nothing is lost, Might draw some people back who currently just log to keep plots
With the current state of the server, starting fresh without transferable resources is going to generate more interest than having a dual world model. There is so much wealth floating around in MineRealm v4 that the challenge has gone out of it ... it's pretty much creative without flying for established players. Only a clean slate world will level the playing field.
By TechnoProdigy
Tee wrote:
macrofeet wrote:New clean map to build on keeping resources and credits from world 1 (transferable or not) for active players with access to current map and new map, nothing is lost, Might draw some people back who currently just log to keep plots
With the current state of the server, starting fresh without transferable resources is going to generate more interest than having a dual world model. There is so much wealth floating around in MineRealm v4 that the challenge has gone out of it ... it's pretty much creative without flying for established players. Only a clean slate world will level the playing field.
Even I; someone who loathed the very idea of starting fresh, would at this point prefer a clean slate.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]