Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
13%
No
87%
Hello!
I would like to suggest, along with Gutsbrah, for a server wipeout.

Of course, don't wipe out the spawn. Just wipe out everything else. Restore the underground so people can actually go mining without running into someone else's mine, wipe out plots, wipe out literally everything into an untouched, blank world.

It's time, don't ya think?

New people are joining the server. They have nowhere to build, so they end up leaving the server. Everywhere you go, there is literally someone's house and/or plot.

Land has been griefed/destroyed to the point where people can't build on land.

It would also wipe out the houses that haven't been in use for YEARS. It would be so helpful for everyone.

And for the people who own plots (like me), if you do a server wipeout, just give the plot owners' credits back, so nobody complains about losing their plot, and credits that they spent forever working on getting, so there aren't any conflicts about "having to earn credits back", and stuff like that.

I am also going to bring up the spawn point.
When I am using my laptop (which runs very well!), and I try to use the teleporter, it takes me maybe 15 minutes to get into the teleporter due to lag. There are cows and pigs and chickens, tons of them, near the teleporter, and it lags me up so badly. A server wipeout would benefit everyone that lags, like, you could wipeout all the mobs, too. I'm not quite sure that the mobs are causing all of my lag, but I know they're a big part of it.

Also, do I even need to bring up the nether? It is completely unusable. Someone griefed the entire nether and now mobs don't even spawn there. Someone flattened out the land and you cannot find netherwart, let alone anything, in the nether. It's horrendous.

Basically, a world reset would be wonderful. It's just my opinion, though. :)

Thank you!
By Meowrocket
McFry3 wrote:And for the people who own plots (like me), if you do a server wipeout, just give the plot owners' credits back, so nobody complains about losing their plot, and credits that they spent forever working on getting, so there aren't any conflicts about "having to earn credits back", and stuff like that.
The problem I see here is the fact that when all those players come back on, all the land is going to be bought up again in a matter of weeks, if not days. Go all or nothing, really.
However, if what I have heard is true, a second server will be coming online 'soon' that'll be a fresh start and wiped on a regular basis to avoid this issue, while old players can still keep their builds and whatnot on the old server. We were promised never to have a full-server wipe here ever again.
Also, No need to make two threads on the same subject. You even acknowledged his in the start.
Just saying. xD
By dlgn
McFry3 wrote:Hello!
I would like to suggest, along with Gutsbrah, for a server wipeout.

Of course, don't wipe out the spawn. Just wipe out everything else. Restore the underground so people can actually go mining without running into someone else's mine, wipe out plots, wipe out literally everything into an untouched, blank world.

It's time, don't ya think?

New people are joining the server. They have nowhere to build, so they end up leaving the server. Everywhere you go, there is literally someone's house and/or plot.
Actually, most of the map is public, and plenty is unmined—I find it all the time. You just need to try a few times.

Land has been griefed/destroyed to the point where people can't build on land.
Again, I've seen plenty of perfectly beautiful, empty land. Just take the teleporter a couple times.

It would also wipe out the houses that haven't been in use for YEARS. It would be so helpful for everyone.
Wiping some of the server's oldest and greatest creations is supposed to be a PLUS?

And for the people who own plots (like me), if you do a server wipeout, just give the plot owners' credits back, so nobody complains about losing their plot, and credits that they spent forever working on getting, so there aren't any conflicts about "having to earn credits back", and stuff like that.
So reset the server without resetting the wealth? I care much more about my house than about my RC, anyway.

I am also going to bring up the spawn point.
When I am using my laptop (which runs very well!), and I try to use the teleporter, it takes me maybe 15 minutes to get into the teleporter due to lag.
Weird—my brother's computer is pretty bad, but it works fine for him.
There are cows and pigs and chickens, tons of them, near the teleporter, and it lags me up so badly. A server wipeout would benefit everyone that lags, like, you could wipeout all the mobs, too. I'm not quite sure that the mobs are causing all of my lag, but I know they're a big part of it.
Intelli has already addressed this with the mob cap. They would just respawn, anyway.

Also, do I even need to bring up the nether? It is completely unusable. Someone griefed the entire nether and now mobs don't even spawn there.
Now this is just nonsensical. "Griefed the entire nether"? What does that even mean? The Nether looks as nice as it can possibly look, considering that it's, well, hell. And I, at least, see plenty of mobs in the Nether. They're just less common than in smaller servers and single player due to being spread out over the map, same as in the overworld.
Someone flattened out the land and you cannot find netherwart, let alone anything, in the nether. It's horrendous.
Flattening the land would be nice, but most of the Nether is still as un-flat as it was when it was first created. If you mean paths, those are probably the most useful and good-looking parts of the the Nether. And Netherwart is easily obtainable due to being farmable—just buy a few seeds and some Soul Sand, and grow your own. Other materials are slightly rarer, but the only one that's really difficult to find is Nether Quartz, which would just be mined out immediately after a wipe anyway.

Basically, a world reset would be wonderful. It's just my opinion, though. :)
I respectfully disagree. In any case, Intelli already has plans, even if he hadn't promised to never again do a full map wipe of the main server.
Thank you!
~dlgn
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]