Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
47%
No
53%
I think MineRealm should implement or write up a script (or manually do this?) where if a player is inactive like: doesn't play regularly, doesn't come on to play now and then for many months straight, and the said player just keeps logging in to keep his plots. Then, the script (or staff) will check this (after monitoring his activity) and automatically disband them plots. Because I believe there are many plot hoarders (especially at the spawn area) who like I said hog the plots and just log on once a month and don't really play or want to play anymore.
Note: I will let staff decide on the monitoring of peoples activity and how it will work

Edit: I forgot to add it would be better to do this in a certain radius of around spawn area.
(again maybe the staff can decide upon this)

Anyways, by implementing this I think it will give a chance for the more active players of MineRealm who are working hard to get somewhere on the server to get some plots near spawn. This may also get the inactive players to play more aswell. It will most likely also lower the VERY high prices of the plots at spawn too. and many other benefits can come from this imo.

Small request: If you have any questions regarding this, please before voting no could you ask them below as I honestly believe that this is a fairly big and important issue. Thankyou
Last edited by SilverKnightM on Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Redkiller123 wrote:It should be more specific on the term "inactivity".
SilverKnightM wrote:if a player is inactive: doesn't play regularly, doesn't come on to play now and then for many months, and the said player just keeps logging in once or a few times a month to keep his plots.
Basically, it has to be obvious that the player is only playing to bump/keep his plots.
Suggested by Silver, I'd give my thoughts on the issue as well as this specific suggestion.

The problem is inactive players occupying spawn realms without using them. A whole other issue is that disbanded spawn plots can fall in the hands of someone random for just 10k, which makes it a lottery winning.

As stated in the notes on making a suggestion. It must be clear what exactly you are suggesting. It's noted what disband should be based on playing activity, but don't state how much. If not for a timer it's mentioned that admins should check and decide. This will increase manual staff duty and adds hard decision whether to or not to disband.

Another view is to look at the inactive player. Why does the player log in once a week? It's to maintain plot ownership until the player eventually decide to return as a regular, or to give up. In that time, the player will do whatever minimal condition required to maintain ownership.
Say a timer of minimum 5 hours game-play is added, the player will most likely make sure to afk that time.

I support the idea of solving the issue, but not this suggestion as it does not state how exactly this will work.
There's already a protocol for problematic/ugly realms that make spawn look bad, which could include instances like these. Outside of that, I honestly think this is unfair. Players keep their plots because they're taking a break, or are too busy, or any number of other things, but still care about minerealm. One might as well disband any plot that isn't constantly being modified.

~dlgn
p.s. I doubt any suggestion could be accepted right now, anyway, because so few players are browsing the forums these days that the required 20 votes will be practically impossible to obtain within the necessary timeframe.
Not everyone has the time or even opportunity to log in and become active to keep their realms. Some players are really busy, dealing with life problems, in trouble, or even in the military. Disbanding all their realms just makes their stuff liable to looting and griefing.
I suggest that if a player logs in in the last week (or another number of days) of the month, a day is cut off from the month that they had previously, so instead of 30 days it becomes 29. This would continue, with days being taken off if logging in in the last week of the month continues until the player's realms disband or they log in before the last week of the month. This would be a bit hard to code, so maybe it wouldn't be suitable, and it may not have much effect on players who log more regularly, but it may work to get players more active.

Also, to dlgn, the forums are becoming more active nowadays, and even my suggestion a while ago about making /sawpn and stuff work got 20 votes in the first day, when there were about two posts on the forums in a day.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]