Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
89%
No
11%
By Gnotoca
The Wild 2.0 - with monthly wipes
- Monthly wipes to give players something new to explore and fight over - at regular intervals.
- Expand the map to all sides about 500-1000 - or what goes without killing the server (lagg …)
- Like the old "Wild" with pvp on and no rules

Plus
- Gives the players access to new biomes
- Gives the players new land to explore
- The excitement and terror of pvp
- Gives the rail and tube systems that run the the world borders extra meaning
- Might give the server "border cities" where the rails, tubes and roads end.

Minus
- More work for the server - more lag?
By Tee
I voted in favour of the general concept because I did enjoy the Wild, however a monthly reset would be far too often IMO. A wipe whenever Mojang updates terrain would be more realistic.
By bahnchef
A new wild would give players easy access to the new stone types (granite, diorite, andesite). At the moment they are available but too expensive (quartz!) so you can't build large structures of them.
Therefore I voted yes.
By cobaya18
Wipes every 3 months (4 wipes per year)?
By Tee
Something that hasn't been mentioned in this suggestion is whether the original mechanic of having to start fresh in the Wild (ie not being able to take items across from the main map) would be maintained. You need to consider that when thinking about the timing of each wipe.
By gallinka
I have had a few ideas bounce around in my head under the category "what I would do if this was my server". I like the idea of the wild and periodic land wipe (we really need the wild in any case, so yes Wild 2.0). How would this impact a legit server? Well, it would not. A player would still need to mine just as before. Changing the seed for the wild every time it was wiped would prohibit block mapping (but not x-raying, although we have a system to curtail that). If the server had a map with borders of 12,000,000 (that is the ~ maximum limit, right?) there would never be a shortage of materials, but, there would be no added biomes/block types. I am of the camp that while the map has a lot of resources, it is not without its limits (think mesa biomes, not diamond mines). Resetting the wild would also allow for new resources to be added.

I know the plan is to use the wild for that purpose. However, I would like to see more than just another wild. I really think we should have had one when the new biomes were added in 1.7.x, 1.8 at the latest (I know there was a public wipe, but 1.8 is out and this map has no new natural resources to reflect that). So more than just a wild but a semi-annual (quarterly) wipe of the wild too. I also understand the planning and work that went into the public land wipe and the partial update to 1.8. I know the admins time is limited (and vets getting themselves banned for stupid reasons doesn't help). A new wild has probably been on the back burner for a while (although I do not claim to even comprehend how our glorious leader will choose to bless us). I guess I am just saying HECK YEAH for a new wild.
By Gnotoca
cobaya18 wrote:Wipes every 3 months (4 wipes per year)?
TeeJayDub wrote:Something that hasn't been mentioned in this suggestion is whether the original mechanic of having to start fresh in the Wild (ie not being able to take items across from the main map) would be maintained. You need to consider that when thinking about the timing of each wipe.
I guess i'll go for the 3 month wipe interval :) I forgot the "fresh start" when i wrote the original post. And the "fresh start" should be on, to give both new and old players the same opportunity to explore "untouched" land on the Minerealm server.
By Bu1ld0g
Bringing the wild back would certainly help with that "New adventure" feeling. And could be that little something to help reignite the server.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]