Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
48%
No
52%
By dlgn
The Nether looks bad, but let's be honest here: it isn't really much worse than newly generated Nether! If you want the Nether to look decent, figure out what looks good in there and start building. I'd be glad to help out.
By eah
0123.png
0123.png (152.74 KiB) Viewed 5160 times
I'll also sell glowstone for 600/stack and diamonds for 80 each

Chances are, for the amount of glowstone you'll ever need, you'd be better to buy from me than to spend hours with villagers.
By SilsuCrow
11Hax wrote: It might be old, it might be griefed, but people have also put a lot of efforts into building roads and paths between bases. Depending on if you visit nether for the awesome view or for transport, I guess you can say its ugly or practical =)
But how much of what is built has been abandoned? How many tunnels, passageways and portals lie unused? The Nether needs to be cleaned up on a pretty massive scale. Yes, people have put in a lot of work, and they can do so again in a fresh Nether. Outside of the main hub and a few select tunnels, the Nether looks like crap. Like even more so than the normal Nether.

Honestly, when was the last time the Nether was wiped, and comparatively when was the last time the Overworld was wiped?
eah2119 wrote:
0123.png
I'll also sell glowstone for 600/stack and diamonds for 80 each

Chances are, for the amount of glowstone you'll ever need, you'd be better to buy from me than to spend hours with villagers.
I'll keep you in mind for my lighting needs then. By chance do you deal in Nether Quartz as well? Got quite a few Redstone builds that needs a fistful of Comparators or three.
By monkeychunks
11Hax wrote:
monkeychunks wrote: 1). All the nether fortresses are messed up and wither skeleton spawning zones are harder to find.
False, there are roads in nether that makes it easy to get to the pads where the skellies spawns, there are even signs that points you in the right direction, plus the pads themselves have been optimised and rebuilt to be easier to hunt.
Those pads are terrible and very inefficient. They do not cover the maximum wither spawning places and some of the pads do not even spawn wither skeletons. The fact is the wither pads were built when the fortresses were already torn down, they are lots of guessing and using what was left of the griefed structure... Very inefficient.
By monkeychunks
Bu1ld0g wrote:That's cause you're doing it wrong numbers.
I didn't build any of them however I watched them get built and I helped tear them down before beacons or craftable Netherbrick existed.
By Grelman
How is a wiped nether going to fix the "issue" of the place looking griefed, ugly, old, and abandoned? There is really not much benefit to resetting the nether at this point that doesn't fall under, "I just want to be able to see quartz ore so I can mine easily and safely".

I say if the nether is EVER reset it should be when microcraft decides to do something more with it. Whether that be add new structures or new block/ore type that can only be obtained with newly generated terrain. Even then though, Intelli did do a super job "injecting" quartz ore into the nether so the need would be debatable at best.

Apart from that the nether is just really a travel dimension. For utility more than anything else, and I think you'll all agree with me when I say yeah, it shows. Just like NYC subways, it may not look like the Concord but it'll get you to where you're going. Its because of this that people have had their paths of ice and otherwise set up for years. To redo all that would be difficult, and shouldn't be done unless we come to the decision that we have to sacrifice it in order to obtain what, if anything, gets added to the nether. A sort of pros outweigh the cons situation.

Plus, if you're going to argue that a reset of the nether would enable people with less resources to get quartz. If I recall correctly, pretty much every piece of exposed quartz ore was extracted from the nether by the wealthiest individuals/guilds on the server in the first few days, and most of it was gone in the first few hours. If it were to happen again those people with less resources would most likely be killed constantly by others more well geared.

Theres still plenty there, if you've got the resources and the time to look for it. Otherwise, save up, find a seller, and keep the headache of traversing the nether out of your mind.
By Rick
I've got about a double chest of quartz ore that I could possibly sell a bit, if I ever find the time.
By DarelleZindad
TeeJayDub wrote:Also don't forget, it IS the Hell dimension... are you really expecting tulips and daisies?
There are tulips and daisies in the nether now :)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]