Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
48%
No
52%
By SilsuCrow
Valendr0s wrote:
SilsuCrow wrote:And while Witches can drop Glowstone
Villagers sell glowstone.
Only in finite amounts. It's 1-3 GS blocks for 1 Emerald, which are crazy hard to come by anyway. On top of that you have to actually locate a villager that sells the GS. On top of that, you can only buy so much from a villager before the offer is "deactivated", and I'm not even sure if the offers are tied to the villagers or to the player buying the items. It's it's tied to the villager, then it's going to be harder to find an actual villager that does not have a deactivated offer to sell glowstone.

You starting to see the issues here?
By meloetta_344
SilsuCrow wrote:
Only in finite amounts. It's 1-3 GS blocks for 1 Emerald, which are crazy hard to come by anyway. On top of that you have to actually locate a villager that sells the GS. On top of that, you can only buy so much from a villager before the offer is "deactivated", and I'm not even sure if the offers are tied to the villagers or to the player buying the items. It's it's tied to the villager, then it's going to be harder to find an actual villager that does not have a deactivated offer to sell glowstone.

No because you can breed villagers and also cure zombie villagers to make villagers. Now I know that this way will take time, but its the legit way to get villagers that can sell glowstone.
By SilsuCrow
meloetta_344 wrote:
SilsuCrow wrote:

No because you can breed villagers and also cure zombie villagers to make villagers. Now I know that this way will take time, but its the legit way to get villagers that can sell glowstone.
Or we could use command blocks to set up a server run store (as in nobody profits in terms of credits, they're just removed from a player's account) that turns surplus credits into actual items. It's not using mods, it's not using hacks, it's all 100% vanilla, but it would take some work on coming up with the commands and wiring it all together, which you could iron out on a single-person creative world.

Seriously, aside from buying plots at 10k a pop, what use do credits serve? I'm pretty sure nobody deals in them any more.
By meloetta_344
SilsuCrow wrote:
meloetta_344 wrote:
SilsuCrow wrote: *snip*
*snip*
Or we could use command blocks to set up a server run store (as in nobody profits in terms of credits, they're just removed from a player's account) that turns surplus credits into actual items. It's not using mods, it's not using hacks, it's all 100% vanilla, but it would take some work on coming up with the commands and wiring it all together, which you could iron out on a single-person creative world.

Seriously, aside from buying plots at 10k a pop, what use do credits serve? I'm pretty sure nobody deals in them any more.
Nope because that would be spawning in items and thats unlegit in terms of MineRealm. Also we use credits still for trade.
By Valendr0s
SilsuCrow wrote:You starting to see the issues here?
When I first logged back in after the 1.7 update, I did. Today, I don't.

It seemed so overwhelming then. But today, and after a ton of hard work, I have many perfect villagers. I replaced all my dumb jack-o-lantern spawner lighting with redstone lamps. I went to the neither and located several pockets of neither quartz. I've gone in and tried to get some wither heads...

It's not that overwhelming.

And if you want a villager or two to start you off in the process, I'm more than willing to GIVE you two of mine.
By OrigamiElephant
SilsuCrow wrote:
Is this a serious statement? Everyone deals in credits.

EAH sells Glowstone at pretty cut rate prices.

I know plenty of people have quartz to sell (Myself being one of them if you got the bling bling.)

And Emeralds are not hard to obtain at all.

I can understand wanting to reset the nether if you wanted to mine your own materials, but to not once but twice advocate for some sort of non-legit command block solution is weird.
By SilsuCrow
meloetta_344 wrote:
SilsuCrow wrote:
meloetta_344 wrote:
SilsuCrow wrote: *snip*
*snip*

Nope because that would be spawning in items and thats unlegit in terms of MineRealm. Also we use credits still for trade.
I'm not even kidding, the concept of "unlegit" is starting to tick me off. It legitimately boggles my mind how we have a base currency, the means to, via vanilla, spawn in items, and we don't have a way to turn these credits into items. Why is this not a thing? I'm sitting on like 90k credits, I would happily spend some of that on a stack of Glowstone and a stack of Nether Quartz if there was a store up for them.
By Valendr0s
Seriously - right after logging back in a few months ago, I would have been RIGHT on board. I had to essentially start over - my base was almost entirely reclaimed, it was all completely looted. I didn't understand how I saw so many people with villagers and glowstone all over their bases.

I didn't see how I could possibly get any neither quartz for even something as simple as a compariator for a dropper trashcan. It was hopeless. I would have been completely in line with you even 6 months ago.

But I worked hard. I took what I had on my back, and right after the last map refresh, before the dynmap was back online, I found a village, protected it from attack, built myself a base. I built myself a nice wheat farm and set out to breed and set myself the task of getting myself a perfect wheat villager.

Soon enough I had one. Then I tried for a perfect paper villager. Soon enough I had one of those too. Now I have a beef one too. And a perfect glowstone seller (though it's still set to 2 per emerald - we'll see if I can get him up to 3). And a silk touch seller. And two completely expanded armorers.

It's a lot of work. I get it. But the answer isn't to just make it easier. The answer is to do that hard work so you can be proud of it when you're looking back at the journey that brought you here. I look at all the days and weeks of work with supreme fondness.
By Tee
SilsuCrow wrote:Point is, the only place to get Nether Quartz is in the Nether, and the place has been pretty much tapped dry. I propose in the near future we look into resetting the Nether, if only for a new influx of resources. Also to clear up a good chunk of the mess and unused structures.
I cleared out a section of netherack the other day, up near the ceiling. I mined something like 75,000 blocks based on the credits I received (so say 150L x 50W x 10H volume) and found 2.5 stacks of quartz ore. There is plenty of ore left if you're prepared to mine for it, and with Eff III Unb III picks being insta-break on netherack and lasting 6000'ish block breaks each, it isn't particularly onerous to mine there.

There was a time when I would have supported this. That was before I appreciated the countless hours of work that have gone into making the Nether the place that it currently is.

Also note that villagers trade glowstone ... it's really easy to get, and pretty cheap (around 800rc/stack) as a result.
By SilsuCrow
Valendr0s wrote: It's a lot of work. I get it. But the answer isn't to just make it easier. The answer is to do that hard work so you can be proud of it when you're looking back at the journey that brought you here. I look at all the days and weeks of work with supreme fondness.
I'm not saying we make it easier. I'm saying we make it more accessible. Not everyone has villagers, not everyone has ways to transport villagers 'cross map to their base (now if we had Minefactory Safari nets then yeah, no issue there), not everyone has the time, resources or luck to slog through the Nether for Quartz. What people do have though are credits which can and should be used to purchase things from the server.
There was a time when I would have supported this. That was before I appreciated the countless hours of work that have gone into making the Nether the place that it currently is.
You mean a criss-crossed maze of stripmined Netherrack and hollowed out caverns filled with long abandoned structures?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]