Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
71%
No
29%
By JonColmanator
Red has a point. And I agree with him, a limit on the minimum number of players in the guild necessary for set home, and/or charges on this set home would more or less be a necessity. As for the charges, I would go so far as to charge 500k as Red suggests. The reason for this being that, if we do not have said limit, I strongly doubt that a lone person/small group of troublemakers would set guild home outside someone's house to kill them with such a massive price, yet more dedicated larger guilds would consider that charge a small price.

Or, you can set home only in a guild member's realms. xD
By Intelli
Nathan3345 wrote:The transit tubes are useful, but not for distances of more than a couple hundred at most
How so? It only takes about 20 seconds to travel approximately 1,000 blocks in a transit tube.
By kroxic
Nathan3345 wrote:The transit tubes are useful, but not for distances of more than a couple hundred at most
I have on that's ~1k blocks and growing and i will continue growing it.
The transit tubes relieve all need for multiple spawns and are way more fun and interesting for that matter
By Falconis
I voted yes, contingent upon what Red was suggesting.

MineRealm is made special by 3 things: the community, the still mostly vanilla-ness of it, and the Intelli brand plug ins. Anything that is done to offset that balance would erode the quality of gameplay and reduce the fun of playing. The way we currently use guilds is only a slight enhancement, so guild perks should also be very weak so as not to be unfair. An additional teleport point WOULD create an advantage, so it should also come at a great cost.

These are the prerequisites I feel would be needed:
1. The guild has x number of players in it, all from different IP addresses.
2. The guild has been active for over a month.
3. The guild leader submits a request for a teleport point to be set, which would be approved by an Admin.
4. Once approved, the guild must pay a significant number of credits, either a shared cost or paid out by an individual.
5. The guild teleport point could not be changed unless the guild leader started over again, submitting a request and paying the fee. The new teleport point would erase the old.
By Nathan3345
Falconis wrote:I voted yes, contingent upon what Red was suggesting.

MineRealm is made special by 3 things: the community, the still mostly vanilla-ness of it, and the Intelli brand plug ins. Anything that is done to offset that balance would erode the quality of gameplay and reduce the fun of playing. The way we currently use guilds is only a slight enhancement, so guild perks should also be very weak so as not to be unfair. An additional teleport point WOULD create an advantage, so it should also come at a great cost.

These are the prerequisites I feel would be needed:
1. The guild has x number of players in it, all from different IP addresses.
2. The guild has been active for over a month.
3. The guild leader submits a request for a teleport point to be set, which would be approved by an Admin.
4. Once approved, the guild must pay a significant number of credits, either a shared cost or paid out by an individual.
5. The guild teleport point could not be changed unless the guild leader started over again, submitting a request and paying the fee. The new teleport point would erase the old.
I think if you have admin approval, and require several guild members, charging a lot seems unnecessary.
By Nathan3345
Maybe charge 10k
By OrigamiElephant
Nathan3345 wrote:That's not quite the same, especially if you have a guild with 10 members who are otherwise scattered around the map. I also think the transit tubes are very unattractive.
That's the funny thing about Minecraft, is you're allowed to decorate stuff.
By Meowrocket
Falconis wrote:1. The guild has x number of players in it, all from different IP addresses.
So just because my brother and I live in the same house we can't count towards one?
That sounds really dumb. My other guild members frequently play at my house because we're related. I guess having relatives isn't allowed anymore.
Honestly, I think it would be best to just charge credits for it. Maybe have a higher first-time price, and then consecutive moves are cheaper. More players just means faster credits.
By monkeychunks
/invalid
http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopi ... ild+system
http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopi ... ild+system
http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopi ... Guild+home

Good concept however I don't think this suggestion was thought through enough. It basically says a player can set a guild home, which is obviously easily abused. A amount of people like 10 in a guild with a massive credit purchase might be more reasonable but I think we should see how far tubes go first.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]