Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
44%
No
56%
By General Grievous
Dear experts of MineRealm,

The perm ban as we know it is more a death penalty than an imprisonment. Imprisonment should not be “forever” since there are – after a certain period of time - only negative effects to the affected person. Thus, I would like to bring up the idea to discuss if a perm ban should be “forever” or if there should be given an amnesty process. I ask, because MR is now one of the most mature Minecraft servers on the internet and so the rules mature in the same way.

Secondly, what actually happens with the property (including credits and inventory) of banned people? Macro-economically it would make more sense if it is confiscated and serves a good cause (e.g. public building project).

Kind regards,
A.
By ColdF3ar
General Grievous wrote:MR is now one of the most mature Minecraft servers on the internet and so the rules mature in the same way.
I think there is a lot of truth in this. I vote yes. "Perma" bans should only be a year or something. Its severely crippling but enough that you can come back with a very sincere appeal. I really want to see some of the older players back and maybe bring a little life back to the game.
By river33
I think it more or less comes down to the fact that the staff like to go ahead and perma-ban people after a few times of being banned and still continuing. I don't think that perma-bans should be denounced, but yet, be used as a last resort ONLY.

I feel that we should have longer bans (which we do sometimes)rather than just having either short bans or perma-bans. BUT, we shouldn't get rid of perma-bans.. Because, as mentioned, some people just don't get it.

Maybe after someone gets banned 2 times for the same thing, then he/she gets a longer (maybe 1 year) ban for the third? Then, if he/she gets banned for the same thing, becomes perma-banned.

Just an idea to throw on top of that.
By monkeychunks
Not the best formatted suggestion, the poll should have what we are voting for on it.

I also don't agree with perma bans. A lot of teenagers/kids/young adults play this game and I know that I am a completely different person than I was two years ago.
By OrigamiElephant
Perm's should stay perm'd. I do however think staff could do a better job (even though it doesn't happen that often) to move a bit more expeditiously on ban request/appeal decisions.

Oneman is still operating under the assumption (perceived or otherwise) that his perma will be overturned. It's been months. I think someone needs to move those goal posts sometime soon. Why just let him stew. Unban him, or put him out of his misery.
By Joseph3114
monkeychunks wrote:I know that I am a completely different person than I was two years ago.
Voted yes for that reason.
I was banned plenty of times years ago for stupid things, fortunately none permanent because I'm still around.
By SilentCitizen
river33 wrote: I don't think that perma-bans should be denounced, but yet, be used as a last resort ONLY.
Perma-bans have ALWAYS been used as a last resort. People who usually get in trouble a couple of time are not permabanned unless the offence is VERY sever (xraying multiple times for example). There have been people who have had literally tons of chances (roughly 4 or more) before they were permabanned.
OrigamiElephant wrote:Oneman is still operating under the assumption (perceived or otherwise) that his perma will be overturned. It's been months. I think someone needs to move those goal posts sometime soon. Why just let him stew. Unban him, or put him out of his misery.
Oneman is a good example of someone who got a ton of chances before the permaban was decided upon. Also considering all that Oneman has done... I highly doubt that he would be allowed back.
OrigamiElephant wrote:Perm's should stay perm'd. I do however think staff could do a better job (even though it doesn't happen that often) to move a bit more expeditiously on ban request/appeal decisions.
When players are banned and sitting around stewing waiting for their unban date (if they are getting unbanned), that is the time they are serving for breaking a rule. If they got their unban date right away then they wouldn't take the time to sit and think about what they did.

I should know. I've been banned before and I sat back and thought about what I had done. I was able to keep my nose clean for well over a year and a half (a good amount of that spent as a staff member). Did I fell bad about it? Yes, I was devastated. Some are able to live and learn, but some just never change.

Edit: I'm going to go ahead and say no to changing how permabans work. Also, since what we are voting upon in the poll is not defined, the poll is invalid.
By Eetrab
Perhaps just introduce an 'indefinite ban' sentence. That way it is not permanent, but it is not guaranteed that you will ever be unbanned.
By monkeychunks
Still unclear to me wether yes is yes there should be perma bans or yes you should be unbanned. I should be able to read the title and be able to vote, not clear enough. I think this should be marked invalid.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]