Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
77%
No
23%
Bu1ld0g wrote:
monkeychunks wrote:
Bu1ld0g wrote:
monkeychunks wrote:I like killing other peoples animals as well as sneaking into their sheep farms and getting wool.
Wow, and to think I spared your mooshrooms before........
I was completely joking, however I do like sneaking into people's farms. I also will enderpearl in and use peoples sheep farms lol.
Starting to get a bit worried about your obsession with sheep there mate
Not a obsession, but I have had this flock of sheep since around the time of the wipe and no one has killed them yet. I'm not sure protecting mobs is even needed.
Attachments
2014-03-16_21.55.26.png
2014-03-16_21.55.26.png (495.08 KiB) Viewed 4689 times
monkeychunks wrote: Not a obsession, but I have had this flock of sheep since around the time of the wipe and no one has killed them yet. I'm not sure protecting mobs is even needed.
I had a herd of cows tucked away in a nice fenced area with a sign. Someone killed them to the last one and I ended up having to travel 400 blocks to find new ones...nevermind the time it took me to find a slime for the lead. This is completely legitimate behavior apparently.
I'm just tired of having to keep mobs hidden and under extreme protection from jerks who kill just to be a jerk. You don't see animals on mr because everyone has to hide them. I'd love to have and to see them out in the open, fenced in of course but not underground in hiding.
SkullRose wrote:I'm just tired of having to keep mobs hidden and under extreme protection from jerks who kill just to be a jerk. You don't see animals on mr because everyone has to hide them. I'd love to have and to see them out in the open, fenced in of course but not underground in hiding.
Sometimes I leave out a few animals at a time, keeping just enough to breed tucked away, so although they may be killed I can still have them out and breed those until they meet their maker.
Wow, coords and everything (x= 2746, z = -3552).....
Attachments
I am pretty sure I am going to have to hit that.  I may leave a few though.:
I am pretty sure I am going to have to hit that. I may leave a few though.:
2014-03-16_21.55.26.png (495.08 KiB) Viewed 4612 times
Meowrocket wrote:
SkullRose wrote:I'm just tired of having to keep mobs hidden and under extreme protection from jerks who kill just to be a jerk. You don't see animals on mr because everyone has to hide them. I'd love to have and to see them out in the open, fenced in of course but not underground in hiding.
Sometimes I leave out a few animals at a time, keeping just enough to breed tucked away, so although they may be killed I can still have them out and breed those until they meet their maker.
That's a great idea :D It would still be sad to have them murdered but I guess for now it's better than nothing. Thanks <3
Eah, feel free to make a suggestion to limit the implementation of this in a way that makes more sense (before Intelli does all the work :) . I'm ignorant of the coding part of this and thought it would be easier to limit all interactions with passive mobs rather than picking and choosing which interactions to limit, but from what you have posted, each type of interaction needs to be limited in the code, so that's more work.

The main point is that technicalities aside, a lot of folks want some protection for their passive mobs. Yes, contain them so they can't leave your plot(s) but don't allow them to be griefed. So if this was limited to not killing them, shearing them, breeding them, I think that would cover the bases? I would prefer to see luring them and leading them allowed so that if someone is trying to move wild/purchased animals to their home they don't have to go around private plots. The owner would still have to put them in an enclosure with a blocked/locked door but they'd have to do that to keep another player from leaving the door open and letting them wander out anyway.

Anyway, I'm glad this was accepted. It may not be the perfect, final version of what this needs to be, but I hope it is a step in the right direction of limiting this type of griefing without causing a lot of extra staff work.
Bu1ld0g wrote:Accepted - nice I can finaly leave my animal barns unlocked.

Ooh just thought, how would this affect grinders with public access or can individual mobs be modified to suit the desired protection?
Its only for passive mobs, so shouldn't affect grinders. Can you imagine if it was all mobs? You wouldn't be able to kill hostiles attacking you on owned plots, that would be chaos. It must be too early in the morning because I'm giggling at the thought.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]