Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
67%
No
33%
By cubeguy314
Suggestion: Create a way so we can be assured we won't have to worry about our horses being killed illegally/illegitimately. This could involve fixing the bug, or implementing a protection system until the bug is fixed

So just recently, TeeJayDub helped to restore my animals which had been killed by a hacker who managed to somehow teleport beyond my secure walls in my private realms. Nothing was left opened; everything was secure. Yet somehow, this hacker managed to kill all of my secured mobs. What if those had been my horses? What if this happened to you, but with your secured horses on your private realms?

Aren't you worried that the horses you bred and named as well as equipped with rare armor could be easily killed by a hacker? Especially since they can't be rolled back like other mobs?

If the bug cannot be fixed, then I suggest this.
Spoiler:
Unlike the most recent idea/suggestion on universal mob protection (in terms of legality and all that), this suggestion calls for the invulnerability of horses in private realms--with a few little exceptions.

Just in case you didn't know, horses cannot be rolled back due to a glitch that maximizes all of their stats when rolled back (which produces an illegitimate horse).

My proposal is that until the correction to this glitch is installed (in which horse with armor, saddle, and a nametag can be rolled back) the following suggestion should be implemented as soon as possible*.

Any horse in a private realm should be rendered invulnerable to direct player-induced attacks.

Now of course, if someone were to shove all their horses into a private realm and they aren't secured, someone could still come in and steal the horse (by riding or using a lead), similar any other mob.
Now, to those concerned about secured horses in private realms being permanently invincible if a player quits or is banned, well, that would still follow the realm disbanding rules. 30+ days of inactivity would cause the realm to disband rendering any horses in the realm vulnerable to attack.
In addition, horses in private realms will still be able to die from nonplayer-induced damage such as fire, lava, suffocation, creeper explosions, etc.

Downsides, well, sorry, Intelli, I know this might be a lot of coding for you, and this might prolong the fixation of the glitch too (if it's being worked on), so I know you'll probably vote "no." Apologies in advance.

*when I say "as soon as possible," I mean that the suggestion should be implemented before the glitch is corrected if the correction process takes more than one month (from this post's date).
Last edited by cubeguy314 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 13 times in total.
By Sharp_Enderman
cubeguy314 wrote:hacker who managed to somehow teleport
I'm confident that I could get into a fair amount of bases via a few exploits. It doesn't take a hacker to get through a few walls.
On a more related note, haven't a couple other "Horse Protection" suggestions been shot down already? There ain't no use in beating a dead horse.
By cubeguy314
Sharp_Enderman wrote:
cubeguy314 wrote:hacker who managed to somehow teleport
I'm confident that I could get into a fair amount of bases via a few exploits. It doesn't take a hacker to get through a few walls.
On a more related note, haven't a couple other "Horse Protection" suggestions been shot down already? There ain't no use in beating a dead horse.
Those had quite a few unaddressed concerns whoch I have addressed here.
By cubeguy314
TechnoProdigy wrote:Horses can be rolled back, though.
Really? Rokkr and I tested that. The black horse that we killed had a given name, armor, and a saddle. As I stated in my suggestion, when the horse was rolled back, it was white, didn't have a name, armor, or saddle, and it's stats were illegitimately maximized. Because of this illegitimacy, horses can't be rolled back
By TechnoProdigy
cubeguy314 wrote:
TechnoProdigy wrote:Horses can be rolled back, though.
Really? Rokkr and I tested that. The black horse that we killed had a given name, armor, and a saddle. As I stated in my suggestion, when the horse was rolled back, it was white, didn't have a name, armor, or saddle, and it's stats were illegitimately maximized. Because of this illegitimacy, horses can't be rolled back
Hmm, after some testing of my own you appear to be correct. Intelli should work on that :P
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]