Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
92%
No
8%

As of right now, Helpbot responds to the phrase "How do you get to public land?" with "<Username>, you walk."
This seems a bit inaccurate with the implementation of the random teleporter.

I suggest we change the phrase to "<Username>, type '/spawn'. Then follow the red line on the ground."
This would provide a simple and nice change to the HelpBot system, helping rookies get where they want without trouble. Some people may say this makes the community weaker, but this is hardly a bonding point between players, it generally just overwhelms the new guy and makes him/her leave.

Thanks!
Sera
If we're adding this in, we may as well add a response to questions about pvp.
For instance, if someone asks "Is there pvp?", it would reply with "[Player], PVP is auto enabled in the nether, and you can use /pvp to pvp with others that have it on."
We could also add a response to the mist, so if a player asks "What is the mist?", it would reply with "[Player] The mist enables pvp until daybreak at random times"

The pvp response is essential, as it takes quite a while to type, and you end up getting the same response several times in chat from people with different typing speeds.
We wouldn't be able to put both commands in one, since the word limit stops that, btw :P
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:If they actually read the signs/rules they wouldn't need to ask would they... Just saying.
That's true, Rokkr. I can see how awed noobs would not be able to locate and read all the signs, however.
Rokkrwolf312 wrote:If they actually read the signs/rules they wouldn't need to ask would they... Just saying.
Players don't read signs. Even if you watch them go up to every single sign, just assume they're looking right past them. It's like handing them a contract or an EULA; they'll go right past it and then moan and groan when they get into trouble later on because they never read the rules.
TechnoProdigy wrote:
Players don't read signs. Even if you watch them go up to every single sign, just assume they're looking right past them. It's like handing them a contract or an EULA; they'll go right past it and then moan and groan when they get into trouble later on because they never read the rules.
Heck, I never read the Minerealm rules until I'd played for at least a year, it was all common sense to me. :I
Either people need more common sense or we need to make them read rules, and our problems would be solved.
(Also, I read all those user agreements and whatnot all the way through... Don't want some sneaky punk pulling tricks on me. :P)
I like the response that Helpbot gives. If anything, it should be changed to "Figure it out yourself", or something to that effect.

Players who don't bother to read the rules are not worthy of Hepbot's answer.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]