Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
35%
No
65%
By v1RuX
Piewarrior27 wrote:Something similar to this, which would have the same thread title would be the ability to subscribe to a thread. For instance, if I made an auction for a dc of furnaces, and wanted to see whenever someone made a bid. It would be quite tedious to constantly check the forums, so if I subscribed, I would be emailed every time someone posted in the thread. The only downside that i see for this is the fact that the forum code seems like it's harder to change than the game code (not sure though, I'm a programming noob), and may be hard/time consuming to do. I would make a new thread for this, but it would have the same title as this thread, and I got the idea from this thread since it's very similar to it.
v1RuX wrote:
Piewarrior27 wrote:Something similar to this, which would have the same thread title would be the ability to subscribe to a thread. For instance, if I made an auction for a dc of furnaces, and wanted to see whenever someone made a bid. It would be quite tedious to constantly check the forums, so if I subscribed, I would be emailed every time someone posted in the thread. The only downside that i see for this is the fact that the forum code seems like it's harder to change than the game code (not sure though, I'm a programming noob), and may be hard/time consuming to do. I would make a new thread for this, but it would have the same title as this thread, and I got the idea from this thread since it's very similar to it.
:/

Well, shows how much I know about the forums...
I don't use the 'subscribe topic' button because I've never seen it before, but if you REALLY want to see whenever your thing updates and don't want to use whatever that button does, put it as one of your homepages and just pop a peek when you open the internet.
By v1RuX
Meowrocket wrote:
I don't use the 'subscribe topic' button because I've never seen it before, but if you REALLY want to see whenever your thing updates and don't want to use whatever that button does, put it as one of your homepages and just pop a peek when you open the internet.
It does exactly what he wants.
v1RuX wrote:
Meowrocket wrote:
No, not exactly, that's for being notified of when someone posts on a thread. I mean subbing to a USER as in you'll be notified that when that user posts something.
Jeff_K_2000 wrote:No, not exactly, that's for being notified of when someone posts on a thread. I mean subbing to a USER as in you'll be notified that when that user posts something.
It won't necessarily give you a notification, but click on the person's name to go to their profile link. Add that profile page to your homepage tabs, or favourites.
WHenever you pop in you can hit 'Search User's Posts' and it will bring you to a screen showing every single one of their posts from most recent to oldest. Find any new ones, and click the thread title to be taken to where it was placed.
Jeff_K_2000 wrote:
v1RuX wrote:
Meowrocket wrote:
No, not exactly, that's for being notified of when someone posts on a thread. I mean subbing to a USER as in you'll be notified that when that user posts something.
He was replying to Pie, so yes it is exactly what he wants.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]