Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
35%
No
65%
Now I was at my couch thinking to myself that one should be able to sub to one forum member and be notified when they post something. For example. I'd click on dlgn's forum account and somewhere in it will be a sub button. You'd click it, then it'll say "Do you wish to carry out this operation?" and when you say yes, whenever a person you sub to posts something, you'll be notified via personal messages or something along the lines of that. All I see the prob with this is coding and potential stalking. Thanks.
DragonSlayer155 wrote:+1

This would be a similarish suggestion to my forum notification idea :P
Haha, nice dragon, as they say, great minds think....similer. o.o
This forum literally has 5-8 threads updated daily.
Having a button to subscribe to a person to see where they posted seems pointless to me.
Unread threads stay beige.
Threads that have been read go white.
Isn't hard to follow updated threads.
FinalFouad wrote:This forum literally has 5-8 threads updated daily.
Having a button to subscribe to a person to see where they posted seems pointless to me.
Unread threads stay beige.
Threads that have been read go white.
Isn't hard to follow updated threads.
That is understandable but really if I want to see where a specific person post that doesn't help me. I have to search for it.
jailbird556 wrote:
FinalFouad wrote:This forum literally has 0 threads updated daily.
Having a button to subscribe to a person to see where they posted seems amazing to me.
Unread threads stay white.
Threads that have been read go beige.
It is hard to follow updated threads.
That is understandable but really if I want to see where a specific person post that doesn't help me. I have to search for it.
http://www.minerealm.com/community/search.php
FinalFouad wrote:
jailbird556 wrote:
FinalFouad wrote:This forum literally has 0 threads updated daily.
Having a button to subscribe to a person to see where they posted seems amazing to me.
Unread threads stay white.
Threads that have been read go beige.
It is hard to follow updated threads.
http://www.minerealm.com/community/search.php
That only searches through authors not comments.
Something similar to this, which would have the same thread title would be the ability to subscribe to a thread. For instance, if I made an auction for a dc of furnaces, and wanted to see whenever someone made a bid. It would be quite tedious to constantly check the forums, so if I subscribed, I would be emailed every time someone posted in the thread. The only downside that i see for this is the fact that the forum code seems like it's harder to change than the game code (not sure though, I'm a programming noob), and may be hard/time consuming to do. I would make a new thread for this, but it would have the same title as this thread, and I got the idea from this thread since it's very similar to it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]