Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
84%
No
16%
By 11Hax
I would like to suggest that credits are given for planting saplings.

Reason: Certain areas of the map is almost totally treeless. I think that maybe this would encourage players to replace trees they cut down, or even take a stack of saplings with them while they are on public land, exploring or just taking a walk.
By ColdF3ar
Well intelli was already planning on regenerating the trees. However considering we will already be wiping the land and there will be ridiculous abundant fresh trees I don't see the need.

http://minerealm.com/community/viewtopi ... 10&t=14379

Also if you were thinking about adding extra incentive credits wise for planting this wouldn't work as well. People would just abuse it and spam and destroy saplings to credit farm.
By Meowrocket
ColdF3ar wrote:Also if you were thinking about adding extra incentive credits wise for planting this wouldn't work as well. People would just abuse it and spam and destroy saplings to credit farm.
I was viewing it as possibly setting it so you only got cash for planting them.
I'm sure that, although it may be difficult, Intelli could program that. (Also, that's not as easy as spamming and breaking string, and that counts. Just saying)
By 11Hax
ColdF3ar wrote:Well intelli was already planning on regenerating the trees. However considering we will already be wiping the land and there will be ridiculous abundant fresh trees I don't see the need.
Making players replant by hand is more vanilla than regenerating them by command, and vanilla, is as far as I know, what we want this server to be.

Yeah the map will be wiped, and my idea is to prevent this bare landscape to happen again. and will be where we are now, in about a year from now with almost no trees at all.
ColdF3ar wrote:Also if you were thinking about adding extra incentive credits wise for planting this wouldn't work as well. People would just abuse it and spam and destroy saplings to credit farm.
I am not sure of that, this already works for other blocks, and I don't se much flowerspamming around the map. When it comes to easy achieving credits, I see no diffrence from getting it from flowers.
By DGannon
No because while trees are good, the person planting them should be doing it for the right reason. Don't really need people who just have a bunch of sapplings and spam them carelessly. That's already a problem as it is, that people plant too densely and you can't walk without digging through trees.
By Meowrocket
DGannon wrote:No because while trees are good, the person planting them should be doing it for the right reason. Don't really need people who just have a bunch of sapplings and spam them carelessly. That's already a problem as it is, that people plant too densely and you can't walk without digging through trees.
I'd like to know where you're walking. o.o
By Bu1ld0g
I've been on servers where they actually kick and ban for not replanting O_o

I do like this idea, but credits are easy enough to accumulate anyway.
It's a shame we couldn't implement the auto sap planting mod into MineRealm. Yeah I know, semi-vanilla almost-legit with a sesame seed bun.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]