Post any ideas / suggestions for the game servers here.

Implment This?

Yes!
93%
No!
7%
By Intelli
I propose we add a realm statistic and voting system.

These statistics would be show something like the following when typing "/realm"

Visits: #
Rating: #/10

This would show the total number of unique players that have visited your realm.

As well, the rating would be a system that users can rate realms, something like "/realm rate #" (1-10, 10=highest)

We could then compile a list somewhere, such as on the website, that shows a list of top realms, with name info being the MOTD, and also showing the cords. Ratings would be sorted using combined data from total # of visits, total # of ratings, and overall rating score.

Just a random idea I thought up (one of many). Thought I'd post it as a suggestion so you guys can vote on it.

Vote!
By OneManWo1fPac
But then there's the hatters that may think the realms a 10 but since they don't like them, they give it 1, anyway +1
By Prodigy9
Would be very nice if it works. Wouldn't it get a bit heavy on the server's resources if it has to keep track of every time anyone enters another realm (to check for whether they're there for the first time)?
By Intelli
Prodigy9 wrote:Would be very nice if it works. Wouldn't it get a bit heavy on the server's resources if it has to keep track of every time anyone enters another realm (to check for whether they're there for the first time)?
It already pulls data whenever someone enters a realm (MOTD, if the realm is private or not, etc). So wouldn't really be much extra.
By Prodigy9
Intelli wrote:
Prodigy9 wrote:Would be very nice if it works. Wouldn't it get a bit heavy on the server's resources if it has to keep track of every time anyone enters another realm (to check for whether they're there for the first time)?
It already pulls data whenever someone enters a realm (MOTD, if the realm is private or not, etc). So wouldn't really be much extra.
Oh, I hadn't considered that! I had been thinking that it checks for the player/realm relationship when the player takes some specific action that requires the information (e.g. trying to break a block, typing /realm). This sounds great.

Tangentially-related: should multiple spawn points ever be re-implemented (I know, completely separate topic, would require separate poll), this could provide a way to help filter the applicants. A sufficiently popular and sufficiently impressive region of the map (both characteristics of an ideal spawn point) would tend to have realms with lots of unique visitors and high ratings.
By bloodthirsty958
I like it! Just another random thought/suggestion, what about an estimated value of the realms based on the same data collected, which would also be displayed? I don't know if this would be difficult or not, just thinking aloud . . . (DON'T HURT ME!) *takes cover
By The-Jack-DeCk
As long as you only include a top 50 or something, otherwise vultures would be locate any realm they desired. Just scroll down, see the owner's name, and poof! Target acquired.

I'm sure you have some idea against this already though. I voted Yes.
By eah
Many great masterpieces on the server take up the space of more than one realm. Would it be possible to have the same visit # and rating # apply to more than one realm, maybe via having said realms share the same name?

For example, the arcane orb takes up 9 realms. In order for the arcane orb to have its very own visit # and rating # (and not 9 different ones), each realm must share the same name, "Arcane Orb".

To prevent abuse of this system, you can only apply a name to a realm if
(1) The name is not already used
-OR-
(2) An adjacent realm shares the desired name AND an in-game request to share the name is sent to the owner of an adjacent realm and is accepted.

Example:
Redkiller types: /realm name Arcane Orb
The realm he is in is given the name "Arcane Orb".

On an adjacent realm, Bridgedweller types: /realm name Arcane Orb
Bridgedweller gets this: "Sent a request to redkiller."
Redkiller gets this: "Bridgedweller wants to add the realm at <coords> to Arcane Orb. To accept, type /accept."
Redkiller types: /accept
The realm bridgedweller is in is given the name "Arcane Orb".

On a far away realm, Intelli types: /realm name Arcane Orb
Intelli gets: "You must be adjacent to Arcane Orb."

TL;DR: Read it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]